Chapter 35

Kakashi had arrived back from a mission after a few days, he had left the morning after he and Rin hung out.

Kakashi reported to Lady Tsunade's office told her the details of the mission and had gone home to get some rest.

Kakashi had been so exhausted that he passed out on the couch. The next morning following his return, Kakashi heard a knock on the door. Kakashi groaned to himself. "Who could be knocking on my door this early in the morning?" Kakashi asked himself as he sat up and went to answer the door.

Standing there were two jonin from Lady Tsunade's office. "How can I help you?" Kakashi asked as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes leaning against the doorframe. He wasn't surprised to see them

"Lady Tsunade has requested for you to come to her office. She has a message that she will only tell you and she says that it's urgent." One of the jonin said.

"Ok thank you." Kakashi said simply. The two jonin nodded and bowed before Kakashi. They then both disappeared in puffs of smoke, Kakashi shut the door and began getting ready to head to Lady Tsunade's office. He slipped her jonin vest on.

He had learned that whenever Lady Tsunade called on him for a mission it was important, so he saw no point in questioning it and would just report to her office for the mission details. She had called on him more often lately as he lost his students.

"Let's see if this mission is interesting." Kakashi said to himself as he left his apartment heading to the Hokage tower.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rin stood at the training grounds tapping her foot impatiently. "Tenten was supposed to meet me here 30 minutes ago, it's not like her to be late." Rin thought to herself.

Tenten had never been late for a training session since Rin had become her sensei. "She didn't mention going on a mission to me, but I could ask Lady Tsunade to see if she sent her on a mission.

"I'll get to the bottom of this." Rin thought to herself as she took off to the Hokage tower.

Rin made her way to Lady Tsunade's office knocked on the door and waited. She heard two voices inside talking, but the talking stopped when she knocked.

A minute later. Lady Tsunade spoke. "You can can come in." She said.

Rin entered the office to see Lady Tsunade is sitting at her desk. Kakashi was standing to the right of the desk with his arms crossed. "Oh sorry to interrupt." Rin said bowing.

"It's no issue Rin, what can I help you with?" Lady Tsunade asked.

"I was just wondering if you know where Tenten is, we were supposed to have a training session today, but she never showed up." Rin explained.

Lady Tsunade and Kakashi glanced at each other when Tenten was mentioned. It only took that glance for Rin to realize that they nknew something. "I can tell that you two know something, there's no point in denying it now spill." Rin said.

Lady Tsunade and Kakashi then exchanged a glance. Lady Tsunade sighed and began talking. "Ok I'll tell you, Tenten and the rest of her team went on a mission to the land of the waves a few days ago and should have arrived back by now. They haven't, so I'm concerned and I'm sending Kakashi to go investigate and find them." Lady Tsunade said.

"Let me go with Kakashi to investigate." Rin said.

"No." Both Lady Tsunade and Kakashi said.

"What why not?" Rin asked as she looked between the two of them.

Lady Tsunade answered first. "You're the head of the hospital, the village can't be without you for that long."

Kakashi then answered. "Besides the leaf isn't on good terms with the land of waves and it will be a stealth mission. I can perform the mission better if I can only worry about myself and not think about you getting hurt or worse." Kakashi answered.