Chapter 44

Kakashi, Rin and Obito were nearing their destination after a few days of traveling. They mostly been focused on the mission, with Obito doing most of the talking for the group.

Kakashi had his nose in Icha Icha Paradise and Rin just kept to herself as she felt herself glancing over at Kakashi every once and a while.

Kakashi buried his nose further into his book as he glanced at Rin out of the corner of his eye. "Who am I kidding? I've just been staring at the book to avoid talking to Rin. I can't contain my feelings for her anymore, I just need to find the right time to tell her how I feel." He thought shutting the game and turning to his traveling companions.

"Oh good Kakashi, you finally got your nose out of that porn book." Obito exclaimed. He was quickly met with a slap to the back of his head by Rin.

"Ow, Rin what was that for?" Obito complained rubbing the spot where she had hit him.

"Sorry Obito, my hand slipped." Rin said smirking while Kakashi smirked underneath his mask too.

Before Obito could protest more, they arrived at the gates of the village with two shinobi waiting for them.

The trio turned their attention to the shinobi. Kakashi sized them up, both of them looked impressive, but nothing he couldn't handle. He could tell that they were doing the same thing.

"You are the leaf shinobi that are supposed to take of our king?" The one on the left asked.

"Yes that's us ." Obito answered while smiling. The two shinobi looked at each and nodded sending a nonverbal signal between them.

"Ok follow us." They said leading them into the village. They led with Obito behind them and Rin and Kakashi bringing up the rear. The shinobi began rambling on about the history of the village, pointing out places in the village as well as other things.

Rin noticed that was something was off. There was no one outside in the village, overall it looked pretty deserted. She looked over to Kakashi seeing him survey the village as well. She slightly nudged him to not draw attention to them. Kakashi looked down at her. "You see it too?" He asked.

Rin nodded. "There is no one around, it's almost like the village is abandoned. Kakashi nodded in agreement. "There's something they aren't telling us, we should be on guard."

They both caught up with the group and they quickly arrived at the castle with more shinobi positioned outside of the castle. The doors opened without even stopping to talk to the guards.

Kakashi shot Rin and Obito a questioning glance which they shot back at him as they were led into the throne room. The room itself was nice and expansive with banners hanging on the walls and even more shinobi guards in the room watching the Konoha trio intently.

They finally stopped when they came to the throne with the prince sitting in it. Kakashi took him in. He was dressed just how a prince would be with an extravagant robe and bracelets all over his arms.He was handsome with brown hair almost covering his right eye as his bangs hung down. He rested his chin on hand and crossed his legs as he lazily scanned them. However, once he saw Rin, his entire attitude shifted as he sat up straight finally taking interest in them.

He stood from his throne causing all of the shinobi to bow to a knee. Rin caught on first and bowed to a knee as Kakashi and Obito followed with neither of them being happy about it as Kakashi rolled his eyes and Obito grumbled under his breath.

"You may stand now subjects." The prince announced drawing annoyed reactions from the Konoha trio. Obito glared at the prince while Kakashi grumbled under his breath and Rin stifled a giggle at the prince's over the top antics.

The prince now turned to the Konoha shinobi. "I am Prince Genko, but you can just call me Genko." He said giving Rin a flirtatious wink. Rin felt like she was going to throw up on the spot, but she held it together and resisted the urge to throw a kunai at him.

She looked over at her teammates and paled. Kakashi was glaring fiercely at him and would have murdered Genko if he wasn't being held back by Obito who was extremely amused. She could already hear Obito teasing Kakashi about this later.

Genko talking again broke her out of her train of thought as she turned her attention back to him. "Take the Uchiha and the other one to their rooms while I have a word with her" as he pointed at Rin.

Obito was quick to protest as the shinobi moved towards them. "Hold on buddy, the three of us are a team. We won't leave her, I don't know what you're trying to pull." He looked angry enough to attack Genko.

Genko looked at him dismissively. "First of all, I'm not your buddy and last time I checked I'm the ruler not you. Watch your mouth next time, now off with you." He said arrogantly as he flicked his hand to dismiss Obito.

If Obito was angry earlier, there were no words to describe how Obito felt now. He clenched his fists and was about to surge forward at Genko. Before he could, Kakashi put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't do it Obito, it's not worth it. Besides Rin can handle herself." He then led Obito out of the room with the shinobi following.

Rin was happy that Kakashi had enough faith in her to think that she would be ok on her own, but she wasn't too pleased on being left with Genko by herself. When she turned around, Genko was right in her face, too close for her comfort. She involuntarily took a step back. "Rin Nohara what a beautiful name." He said.

Rin was taken by surprise. "Wait hold on, I don't remember giving you my name." She said. Genko only chuckled in response. "You don't think I wouldn't do my research on the shinobi coming to my kingdom?" He asked.

Rin was struck with that realization, he knew about them. She wasn't sure how much he knew, but digging deeper into whatever he knew about them without alerting him would good. She would have to play along with him and be agreeable. He had an army of shinobi at his disposal while there was only three of them. They were strong, but this wasn't a chance that she saw worth taking.

"Yeah I guess it makes sense, but I'm feeling pretty tired from traveling. I going to go with Kakashi and Obito to the room." Rin said fake yawning and heading towards the direction that they went.

"You're not staying over there Rin, I'll show you where you're staying." Genko said.

His words made Rin freeze not able to process what she heard as she let Genko guide her to her room. They stopped walking and Rin broke out of her trance, looking at the doors in front of her. They were royally decorated with Land of Waves art work. "It's really nice." Rin muttered out, the only thing that her mind could process.

"That's great." Genko said happily. "It is quite beautiful, I'm going to have a meeting with my advisors and I'll be next door if you need anything." He said walking away.

Rin's blood ran cold as his last words passed through her. She entered the room and collapsed onto her bed as she fell deep into thought. She was away from her teammates in a foreign land and sleeping in the room next to her was a prince who had a deep interest in her. "I hope he doesn't have any feelings for me." She said quietly to herself. But no matter what Rin couldn't shake that feeling.