Chapter 18

(Naruto POV)
Naruto jumped back as he dodged an attack from Minato.

Naruto looked at his father as he landed and slightly looked over at Sakura and Jiraiya who were taking on Kushina.

Jiraiya had to help Sakura with Kushina otherwise Kushina would overwhelm and defeat Sakura. Naruto was doing a good job holding his own against his dad as his training with Kakashi and Jiraiya had paid off.

"How's it going Naruto?" Jiraiya asked as he jumped back from an attack from Kushina.

"It's going fine Jiraiya - Sensei." Naruto said.

"Multiple shadow clone jutsu." Naruto said performing the hand signals as many shadow clones appeared and all rushed at Minato.

Minato showed why he was nicknamed the yellow flash of the leaf as he sped around the battlefield making the shadow clones disappear.

As Minato made all of the shadow clones dissipate and he stopped in front of Naruto who was already charging up a rasengan.

"Rasengan." Naruto said as he rushed towards Minato.

Minato quickly formed a rasengan and rushed at Naruto with it.

The rasengans cancelled each other out and smoke covered part of the battlefield.

Before Naruto could react, Minato emerged behind him with a kunai ready to strike.

"Crap how did he get behind me?" Naruto thought to himself.

Then Naruto spotted one of Minato's special kunai in a tree behind him.

"Naruto look out!" Jiraiya called, but it was too late for him to do anything.

Before Minato could reach Naruto Obito leapt into the way grabbing Naruto. "Kamui." Obito said as he teleported away with Naruto.

Obito teleported to the other side of the battlefield with Naruto. As he did so all the others from the group that rescued him ran up to them.

Naruto looked up to see a smiling Uchiha looking down at him with a right sharigan and his left eye closed.

"Wow you were right, he really does look like Minato - Sensei." Obito said looking at Naruto.

"I take it you're Obito?" Naruto asked.

"You've got that right now let's get your parents back." Obito said.

"We've tried everything to take them down it's not working." Naruto said.

"You break them free by appealing to their emotions, so that's what you need to do Naruto." Kakashi said as he and the others stood behind Obito and Naruto.

Naruto turned to see Kakashi standing there with Rin, Itachi, and Sasuke.

"We'll take care of Minato while Sakura and Jiraiya will take care of Kushina.

Naruto watched as Kakashi, Rin, Sasuke, and Itachi ran to take on Minato.

The four sharigan users finally were able to subdue Minato as Rin helped Sakura and Jiraiya do the same to Kushina.

"Now Naruto!" Jiraiya shouted.

"Mom, dad please break free of this I know the two of you are strong enough to." Naruto said.

This did effect both Kushina and Minato as they began having inner conflicts as Obito had.

"Come on Naruto we need more." Sakura said as Kushina and Minato struggled more getting closer to breaking free.

Before Naruto could say anything else both Kushina and Minato broke free and ran right at Naruto with kunai drawn.

"Naruto look out." Kakashi called.

Naruto instead of trying to avoid them ran right at his parents and embraced them both in a tight hug. "I've always dreamed of doing this." Naruto said.

As this happened both Minato and Kushina passed from the entire battles they had.

Everyone watched as the two of them began to stir.

"Naruto is that you?" Kushina asked.

"Mom, dad." Naruto said as he rushed towards him and the three embraced.

The others smiled as they looked on, with tears streaming down Obito, Rin, Jiraiya, and Sakura's faces. Even Kakashi cried from Obito's sharigan as well as his actual eye. Kakashi let the tears stream and he didn't care who saw him cry.

"You've grown into such an amazing young man Naruto, I'm so happy that we're back together." Kushina said.

"This is so amazing that we get the chance to be a family again." Minato said as the embrace continued.

"Thanks mom and dad, but non of that would happen without them." Naruto said motioning to the group standing behind them.

The three of them still close together walked over to the group. "Kakashi, Rin, Obito is it actually you?" Minato asked.

"Yes Sensei." All three of them responded.

"You've grown into wonderful shinobi." Kushina said as she gushed over Rin and Obito as Kakashi stepped to the side.

Minato approached his quiet former student. "So you became a jonin elite and became a teacher?" Minato asked motioning at the flak jacket vest that Kakashi wore.

"It was a good way of keeping myself from falling back into the darkness." Kakashi responded.

"I'm sorry that we left you all alone Kakashi with all you were going through at the time." Minato said placing a hand on Kakashi's shoulder.

"There's no need to apologize Sensei, you saved the village." Kakashi said.

"Thank you for understanding Kakashi." Minato said as he walked to go talk to Obito and Rin.

Kushina then made her way over to Kakashi and grabbed his arm and turned it to look at his wrist. "Good no more scars." Kushina said smiling.

"So you found something to motivate you?" Kushina asked.

"Yes I did." Kakashi said as his gaze immediately went to his students.

Kushina followed his gaze. "Aww that's so sweet thank you for taking care of Naruto Kakashi." Kushina said as she hugged Kakashi.

Kakashi at first froze as he was caught off guard by the action, but he hugged the woman back who had helped him through so much.

"It's good to have you back." Kakashi said.

"It's good to be back." Kushina said as the two of them broke off the hug.

"Ok now let's get back to the Hokage before anything else slows us down and when we get back to the Hidden Leaf we'll explain everything." Jiraiya said as everyone nodded in agreement with him and they began the journey back home. This time Kakashi had more of his family back and this was the happiest he had been in awhile.