Chapter 46

The Konoha trio had spent the last few days in the land of the waves. Genko had made it his mission to make sure that Kakashi and Rin spent as little time together as possible.

Rin yawned as she stretched and got up from her bed. "I wonder what Kakashi is up to?" Rin said to herself as she exited her room and walked down the hallway.

"Hello Rin" Genko said as he immediately fell into step with her.

Rin had to do her best to stop herself from rolling her eyes. He hadn't left her alone with the past couple days, it had been so bad that she hadn't been able to spend time with Kakashi. "Hello Genko." She replied politely as she continued her mission walking forward.

Genko did his best to keep up with her, gabbling on about stuff that Rin answered as politely as she could. Until he said something that made her stop dead in tracks. "I see what you and Kakashi did." He said, his voice laced with venom.

"W-what d-do you m-mean?" Rin shuttered trying the best to keep her composure. She nervously shifted until she was stand across from him.

"I see you two have a moment in one of my guest rooms, that's completely unacceptable. You are shinobi on a mission, if I was cruel I would send you three away with no payment and sever the treaty between our nations." Genko said looking down coldy to Rin.

Rin's eyes widened. "This would ruin everything that the Hidden Leaf had been working toward." She thought. "I'm so sorry. You're right that was not ok for us to do. Especially when we were on a mission."

Genko smirked. "Yes, it would be a bad thing if it did get out. Would you like to go shopping with me?"

Rin scowled. She wanted to tell Genko where he could shove it, but that wouldn't result in anything good. So she decided to suck it up and smiled at him. "Sure that sounds like fun!"

Genko smiled and extended his arm to her, which she pretended to be ecstatic to take and the two of them went out into the village
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kakashi dodged a punch from Obito before swiftly throwing a punch at him. Obito blocked it and slid a few feet back. "Not too bad Kakashi." Obito said smiling.

"Same to you." Kakashi answered before he looked around the courtyard that he and Obito were training at. "Rin should have been out here by now." He said.

"Yeah, she should have." Obito agreed looking to where the rooms are. "Do you think she overslept?"

Kakashi shook his head. "There's no way, she isn't like you. She is always on time." His gaze fixed on the rooms.

"That was a low blow Kakashi." Obito said slightly sulking.

Kakashi paid him no mind as he walked towards the rooms and Obito scrambled to catch up with him.

Kakashi's fist rapped against the door at Rin's room as he lazily leaned against the wall.No answer came as Kakashi and Obito shared a worried look as Kakashi knocked again. The seconds seemed to drag on, but again there was no answer.

Worry spread over Kakashi's features as he began to pace in front of Rin's door. "Where could she have gone? She should be here." Kakashi ran his hands hair as he continued to pace.

"I've got to do something about him, he's a wreck right now." Obito thought glancing over at the still pacing Kakashi. "Kakashi calm down." Obito said as he reached out and grabbed him by the shoulder.

The worry was evident all over his face as his visible eye was moving quickly as if Rin would show up out of thin air and if he didn't look at her quick enough she would fade away. "We'll find her Kakashi and besides Rin can take care of herself until we find her." Obtio reassured him.

Kakashi nodded as he took a deep breath to try to slow his heart rate and calm down. "You're right Obito, lets ask the guards and see if they know." He said as the two of them made their way to the palace.

Kakashi and Obito spent a few minutes of wandering around the palace looking at all the elaborate designs until they came across a door. "Maybe, they are in here." Obito said as he went to pull the door open.

"Wait Obito!" Kakashi said trying to stop him, but he was too late as Obito pulled the door open. A woman screamed and grabbed her shoe to throw at Obito. Luckily for him, he was able to dodge the shoe as he slammed the door shut.

"Well they're not in there." He said as his face shone scarlet.

"No kidding, let's keep looking." Kakashi said as he kept walking.

"Wait for me!" Obito cried as he scrambled to catch up.

The two of them found themselves in the throne room. "I'm surprised that they haven't gotten mad at us for being in here." Obito said as he looked around at the elaborate decorations that hung around them.

"You're right, normally Genko or his guards would have gotten mad at us. Unless" Kakashi started.

"Unless what?" Obito asked his attention draw back to his teammate.

"Unless they aren't here." Kakashi finished.

Obito smiled. "That does make sense and Rin is probably with them to make sure he's ok." Kakashi's expression darkened at that. "I don't know why she has to be with him when he has guards." He muttered venomously.

Obito's smiled widened. "Huh. Sounds like you're jealous Kakashi."

Kakashi glared at Obito causing him to shrink. Obito hurried to the exit. "Come on Kakashi, let's go find them." Kakashi rolled his eye as he followed after him.