Chapter 21: My Plan

While the blond clenched his teeth, he lost his control, purely mad at the one in front of him. "What makes you think I'll say anything?!" He yelled, voice being cut by cracks and a utter break down. The man rested his elbows on the table, placing his chin on his crossed hands. He stared at his behavior indifferently.

"Well, if you don't tell us, we'll extend your sentence in prison, maybe even give a probation." His wide-eyes froze. Bakugo was not going to prison. He was not. He was going to become a hero, not the total opposite! He thought that going to custody was for a mere minute, not to be led behind bars. Deku sensed his distress, knowing that Kacchan felt incredibly paralyzed by the officer's saying. His future, his profession, it will all be a waste.

The black-haired patiently waited for him to speak, though he mainly saw the blond regaining his pace. Breathing and tripping within his own exhalation, he tried to speak. "I did go to her apartment. I wanted to pay a visit."

Caught by his finally mannered statement, he listened attentively. Deku brushed his tears away from his view in a second. There was another lengthy silence; Bakugo was debating whether to tell his reason. Before doing so, he had to make sure he didn't give more information but mentioned what was already said organizedly.

"Deku told me that auntie found out what we were doing. She didn't want us to continue. So, I went to have a talk, to see if I could clear things out," he whispered, staring at the floor with his hands tied behind the chair. As he was about to resume, the officer asked:

"Why were you two seeing each other?" If it was a normal relationship between partners, friends with benefits, or a fling, there was no need to be so secretive. So secretive to the point of not wanting anyone to end it or find out about it. But this was different for people, of course.

"Deku said he had an illness that made him get hot because of me. He was being a nag about it. He even had pills. The times he didn't have them, I had to look for him." Bakugo glared at the green-haired. The other looked away, flustered. The officer hummed in confusion.

"If you were doing it to help him... why did you force him whenever he had his pills?" Bakugo turned his head. How did he know that? What did he know? He never mentioned him coming for him when his pills were present. His frown informed the officer about his surprise. "We checked your phone, Bakugo. There were messages of you and Midoriya. You said you would look for him even if he had his pills. You wanted to take it away from him."

Bakugo gritted his teeth again from anger. "That's because they don't work! They were useless and he needed me so he wouldn't chase me the next day." He moved frontward out of an impulse, leading him back to the chair. "Really? But you said you wanted him to leave you alone. You were the one chasing him." Deku got a little nervous while the adult and Kacchan argumented. His heart beated so quick he couldn't say anything significant to ease Kacchan's situation.

"Th-That's.." he stuttered. "That's because he's too shy to ask! Damn it!"

"Midoriya wanted to change for the better but you always dragged him behind. You were not helping him, you were taking advatange of him." That was true. Although, if Deku had the decision, he would want to be as close as he can to Kacchan. The problem was that he was undecisive and an overthinker. Minutes later, he'd be changing his mind non-stop. Even if he wanted to change, he didn't want Kacchan to change. Bakugo was takened aback.

"If you don't believe me, let me tell you that we've also seen the video that your friends sent you. The one behind the school. If it was to push Midoriya away from you, why are you pursuing it?" Kacchan hid his face, and so did Deku. He was embarrased that they saw him, but the blond was left without a strike since the evidence unjustified his actions. A rough breath prevailed.