Chapter 33: My Relief

Huffing, running, exhausting his body to the maximum; it was all worth while he led himself far away from his mistakes. He had time to shift his mind and decisions. Time to think back and actually regain some sort of common sense in him. Being with Kacchan, letting him 'help him' ever since the beginning, allowing his hands to wander around his body. All of that only brought regret and shame. Now, he drove his legs as far as he could, deciding an anticipated destination.

There was no time to look back. No time to reconsider futuristic remorse. It was either now or be controlled forever. Snow was filling the streets with a short layer, and skies bothered by the flakes. He was lucky he forced himself to deceive his desires, and instead make a better choice for him to rekindle a new life.

Going back and fixing his past could not be legitimate, but he will do what he can to live freely without a naive, simple mind.

A few people who he crossed with his view and velocity gave terrifying expressions, each aparting from Deku's space. Deku could not care. He was running far, far away from everything. Passing tall buildings, narrowed alleyways, occupied sidewalks, vacant streets. He was going far, in the end, so nobody would be able to catch him in time when the attention was nailed to Kacchan and Shigaraki.

Say, victory and freedom brushed his tension as he realized that those who he expected to be following him were not present. Unchained at last and willing to escape, all he could do is form a slight smile in his lip, tears awakening.

Had passed various corners and those faint voices shrank. Kacchan was not heard anymore. Screams were not heard anymore. Carelessness arose, however, forgetting the chance that Kacchan could get desintegrated into dust.

---

Hours later...

No doubt that many police tried to tail his escape and some civilians tried to act model by doing so too. Deku's persistence outsmarted them as his determined heart always found a way to lead his goal.

It was now afternoon.

It had been so long and now, thinking what to do next, he worried how he would take care of himself. He was restrained to the world. Everybody was against him. The only one he could count on was Mitsuki and Masaru, but there would not hesitations to do the right thing. He did not want to go to jail. He did not want to go to the hospital.

It was nice that he took his backpack, and at least had his phone with him. He was going to see if there was available wifi somewhere.

Walking down the sidewalk of the exposed town, not caring if anyone would see him at the moment, Deku saw a beautiful girl. She was so unordinary with her pink, curly hair, light-pink skin, and the shallowest eyes. Yellow orbs with the most content smile as it spoke for her personality. She had happened to come out of some gates, looking through them as she hopped. Deku didn't realize that he was near the Mustafa School. That would explain the uniform clothes she wore; he could've mistakened them with casual.

"Finally! Let's go get something to eat together!" She squeeled, widening her lips at her direction. Deku blushed and quickly went to a corner to hide.

"Em... I was planning to rest. But since school's over, I guess I wouldn't mind," a voice from the other side tuned, but it sounded awfully recognizable. Deku move his head closer and saw a figure come out. They had red, spiky hair, and also had a bright aura. Both began to walk together to the opposite way.

"Do you think we should invite more people, Eijiro?"

Deku's face froze. Eijiro? Kirishima?

He stood from his position and forgot about his shyness. Forgot about his own criminal record.