Chapter 39: Life After Death

It has been years ever since, too many to count if I don't use any effort to look back.

Throughout the time, many things has changed in my life.

I am now done with my daily patrolling, so I am heading to my office. It has been so long since I have seen the happy smile of my partner, Hatsume Mei, after creating her new piece. She is a very talented woman for her astonishing creations and outstanding imagination. When I first met her in high school, she had about eighty-seven machines and robotic structures in which he referred them as "her babies." She is very extroverted and open, but sometimes her personality might be too hard to reach out to because she can be spasmodic. Although I was lucky enough to get comfortable around her, I still am a little shy despite being romatically together for two years.

Five years ago lives the historical event in the hero industry, the year in which I strongly thrive to rennovate. So many errors and mistakes were committed because of one's own ignorance, and now they can not be undone no matter how much it taunts me every day. Even if it was a difficult despair to tolerate, when Kacchan was imprisoned for good, All Might acknowledged my will. He said that being quirkless yet filled with ambitious hope could only take me so far, and that I needed to be put in the ring as well.

He asked for me to keep a secret, and transferred to me an amazing quirk called One for All. It is passed by generation to generation, so he decided to choose me as his successor in order to pursue this unique ancestry. At the time, I could not really believe it, though All Might tried to prove it with his true skeleton form, and the mark on the side of his stomach that affected his lungs in a disastreous villain fight.

However, since there were signs of trauma and unstability in me in the aftermath, it only took three months for me to start training my body. I attended therapy in which helped resolve my supposed emotional issues, although were not as severe. Some were mostly related with my correlation and interaction with social bonds. Others were my position to differ what was correct and was not, or how emotions were expressed. I was treated with cognitive-behavioral therapy, and a variety of others that are concerned to that field.

During the time that I was slowly yet productively recovering, I realized two things. If only I had never been too simple-minded from the world, I would have had it simple to trust the right people, and that emotional treatment was essential and definite. Maybe it was awe or pity, but for that period I had never been any better. I felt like a different person with a new goal set in mind. Feeling as refreshed as if I had the capacity beyond what I could reach and discover. I was a brand new achiever, but that dark side of me from my youth was still awaken.

Could not have been more fortunate than to be accepted and forgiven by Masura and Mitsuki. I would have not had anywhere else to go if it weren't for them. Their prosperity and kind generosity was worth more than any luxury. It showered me with absolute relief when they proposed to care for me, but that enormous guilt haunted me in the decision phase. I continously apologized before living underneath their roof, reminding how I was the reason to their son's fate. How would I ever live comfortably when I was the cause to these problems? It felt horrible. I almost rathered live damped in the streets than ungratefully be welcomed by their parental warmth.

Lucky again, the procedure went smoothly. I was legally approved to live with them, but not under their name. It was then that I was convinced superstition was vivid. Mitsuki's company went bankruptcy after the customer's were told that I, Midoriya Izuku, was maintained by them. She and Masaru had lost their jobs, so they were forced to look for other opportunities. It was such a misery that their lucrative hitherto went in vain, so painful that we suddenly lived in poor conditions. It was not as bad since the main requirements could be bought (nutrition, water, electricity, taxes, bills), but it was so restrained that major purchases were a challenge.