Chapter 32: Our Disconnection

"So, there was actually someone here..." Bakugo's soft clarification seemed fearsome. He glared at both, then stepped to them. Deku ran towards his track with hands stopping his chest.

"Wait! Wait, Kacchan! Listen, you don't have to kill her! It's no use!"

"And why's that?" He said as he tried to take Deku's hand off his view. "Just let them live so they could hunt us later?"

"No. We can just take the stuff we need, and leave! There's no harm in that!" He shouted. Bakugo threw him to the ground.

"Didn't you see downstairs in the living room? Her mother is a hero and her dad is a cop. I wouldn't risk that if I were you. Once we leave and all, it would be a heavier weight for us once her parents come and take revenge on us." Deku did not notice that part, and even though he did find it quite risky to let her go with life, he could not bear killing someone again. He pulled his arm once he was nearing her, with the girl helplessly crying at the corner, holding her phone.

Bakugo enraged at Deku's repetitive actions and snatched the collar of his jacket. "Damn God. If you so don't want me to kill her, why don't you do it?" He said. Somewhere in his pockets, he grabbed a knife and placed it between Deku's shaking hand, who was now facing in front of the girl.

"N-no, I won't! I won't, it's not a good thing to do!" Bakugo grabbed his nape and directed closer. "Kill her. We've talked about this yesterday and I said that, in order for you to take me seriously, you should pay with this act," he said close to his ear. "It is not even that big of a deal."

Deku began to sob a lot but quietly. He couldn't, and it was reasonable that he couldn't. But these simple actions tensed Bakugo, and he pushed him closer. Deku only grabbed with force the handle of the dagger.

"No... I can't. I won't.. she has to live," he stammered.

"Really? What about that time in the motel? You didn't even give it a second thought to giving me the knife so I could kill that woman. So what's the difference now?"

"I didn't really think. I didn't know how wrong it was," the green-haired tears glistened his cheeks, forming another face.

"But now you can. Do the right thing and I'll forgive you for betraying me back then. Don't assume that having sex with me is what will pay for it."

None of those words could convince him. Nothing could. As much as he was pressured into doing such an unchanging commitment, his hands didn't move but in their own position.

"Why can't I do something else? Why do I have to kill? It's completely unneccessary!" Deku shouted, trembling.

"Well, find a way to make money or a way to get out this region. You should be thankful I'm giving you the easiest task." Deku was reminded of that stack of money he kept in his pocket.

"It's not easy! That's how you see it, but you don't care about what I have to say!" He sniffed and cried. "You don't understand me, and never bothered to do so."

Bakugo frowned angrily, seized the dagger from his palms, and instantly pinned Deku's neck to the wall. His grasp was warm, slowly getting warmer as his quirk was possibly activating. Deku gasped and dug his nails on the blond's hands in attempt of getting them off.

"You're so selfish, you know that, right? Even if I don't understand you, do you even understand the struggle that I'm going through? I have to tolerate your antics while finding a hiding place with you following me around. And not only that, but have to bear with the fact that you ruined my life." Deku gritted his teeth.

"And so what? Didn't you ruin my life as well? If you hate me so much, why didn't you just kill me from the beginning?" His cry made him slightly stutter, and tears diffused around his cheek. Bakugo growled, pushing with unexpected force his neck to the side, and facing the girl.