Chapter 35: My Oblivion

"Can you stay here a little longer?" He asked with bright, dazzling eyes. Ashido formed a smile as she held the door, but her joy descended into shame.

"Sorry, Midoriya," she said as she ruffled his hair, who seemed to have gotten the point already. "I have to leave; don't want to keep my parents waiting."

After departing the closeness, Midoriya nodded and stared until she had closed the door. Ashido was such a energetic person, and despite that fact he had never been drained by it. Instead, he was too entertained and interested in her, but it had been recently ever since they met. Ashido left afterwards and presumably headed home. He then turned to look for Kirishima, but couldn't find him anywhere in the house.

The last place he hadn't checked was the backyard, in which an unbearable figure stood by idly. Underneath the darkened sky they seemed to have their hands in their pockets, gazing at the portrait of stars. Shutting the door automatically illuminated the light bulb, catching his attention from behind.

The green-haired boy flinched at the sound, soon realizing that Kirishima had a sullen frown.

"Is there something wrong, Kirishima?" He walked toward him, attentively examining his structured expression.

Kirishima faced him, but refused to answer. He simply exhaled a sigh and invited the other to look up. Something worried him, but Midoriya could only assume it was sudden judging by the change of mood. The silence interrupted by the crickets tuned. The dark blue sky washed over the world. It made them feel miniature.

In between the non-changing stance, Kirishima glanced at Midoriya's jacket, in which he had given him another one. Those cuts in his arms, those wounds in his stomach, those scars in his face, in his neck; they were terrible. He had felt an extreme level of compassion and empathy, that it sunk him down from not being able to do anything. At this very moment, Kirishima battled whether he should make his friend's decisions.

Whether he himself should tell the police officers he had escaped from Bakugo. Whether he should put him in a mental hospital. He had the decisions put on his grips, yet he felt stuck. He was a friend, not a tool to return; but he needed help, and he was just a kid limited to respond to his needs all the time. Midoriya had gone through difficulties, and he did not deserve to be hiding from now on.

Yet, he mitigated his opinions. They were strong and bound to take over actions. He knew the best deed was to secure Midoriya, but at what cost? His wishing heroic deed obviously meant sacrifices, but in what way?

All he could do is deposit these frustrating thoughts to the world, let it flow and leave his mind's capacity. The more he thought about it, the more he wished to know Midoriya's position. If this hurted him to even think, how much is he suffering? It should be intolerable.

"Hey, Kirishima. Sorry to bother but shouldn't we go inside before your parents arrive?" Midoriya asked. Did the greenette always had something to worry about?

Kirishima snapped out of his bubble. "Right, let's go inside," he blankly said.

Tomorrow was the U.A entrance exams.

Tomorrow was the day of all kinds of devastating events.

---

"Hurry up! Hurry up!" Kirishima lighty rocked the green-haired boy's shoulder, who was sleeping underneath the bed frame. He bended over to reach him closer, but it seemed he was too far away.

Knocking on the floor with his knuckles, Midoriya eventually woke up by the noise. He groaned, asking why was he being so irritating in the modest way possible. It had happened that Kirishima had planned it all out. He said he was going to put him at the back of the car, in the trunk, so his parents could drive them to the school without getting caught.