Chapter 41: Our Differences

"You heared me, right? He isn't picking up his phone. We have to find him!" Todoroki argued at his earpiece, sliding down from his mountain of ice after obstructing a robber's passage. Recently he received the news that Midoriya was missing, and possibly kidnapped after a series of strange footages. These footages showed a hidden bar get demolished by the hero, followed along by villains as he protected civilians from the cement. But the quality was so low that their faces could not be detected.

Mei notified the police department and hero agencies that the green-haired hero was missing. She claimed that, hours ago, Midoriya called her explaining how he was assigned to meet up with Bakugo and extract information from him, but ever since nothing else was captivated. Mysterious enough, even when his disappearance was the talk of the town, those who offered him to help with the case did not report their contribution and involvement.

When Todoroki tried to call him, he did not answer, and Midoriya always accepted; they were close buddies ever since high school.

"You're thinking what I'm thinking, are you?" Kaminari said in hesitance.

"I... I don't want to go onto that conclusion just yet. We hid the news for two months now. Who would've snitched and told him straight away that Bakugo was alive?" He paced, departing a few buildings until reaching a stop outside the secret Pro Hero corporation. "I'll see you inside, I'm already here." The other hummed in accordance. Todoroki thought to himself in an intense prudence.

Midoriya, he worried if he was okay. If he was not hurt, or going through terrible sufferings. All of his friends thought likewise: they did not want him to experience the ill that they caged for an eternity. They wanted Midoriya to gain the happiness he deserved, not to plaster off a facade soon to decay.

A multitude swarm of vechiles gathered at the building. Despite being as secretive as possible, for some reason the disappearance of a Pro Hero was so vital for it to be ignored. Todoroki entered, met by the outstanding whiteness of the walls and sanitation. Clean flooring, and almost an isolated space, stepping over the elevator. After he clicked a button, someone introduced a hand to the doors, stopping it from closing. Kaminari presented himself, entering with a greeting and standing beside Todoroki. The bicolor man nodded with respect.

As the doors closed, he moved frontward to press on the third-last highest floor. Music tuned and they were silent, impatiently stepping their shoes. Todoroki glanced up in inspection for time to run faster, but the awkwardness encouraged Kaminari to talk.

"So... how do you feel?" He asked, carefully.

Todoroki looked at him, then down in limited understanding of himself. "Worried. My head hurts." Kaminari uttered a word in agreement, backing away.

"I hope he's okay," he said. Todoroki wished for the same thing. Kaminari, figuring out that his tears were glistening, placed an arm around his shoulders to hug him.

...

"You're saying that now after you captured me hours ago? If you missed me that much, I don't think you'd be treating me this way." I revealed myself from the shadows, in the middle of the racks that were labeled in endless columns and rows. Kacchan was yards in front of me, and he stopped walking.

"Sometimes you make everything difficult, you know? It wasn't the right moment," he said, soley standing as he checked out my prime position. He seemed to be at ease once he saw me and my handcuffs.

"Not the right moment? How did you think I'd react when I woke up to find that I was chained, huh? More importantly, to the fact that you managed to outsmart the police by lying to them!" He chuckled in a way that irritated me, but it was calmer than fewer occasions. He did not move, and maintained on the same spot. Although the darkness eventually embraced our vision and I reckoned I almost lost sight of his whereabouts.