Chapter 36: thē ໓ēงil'Ş Ş໐ຖ

Midoriya hadn't felt so frustrating in a while as he kneeled in defeat. Within the rocks and the debris that obstructed the passage of the street, he couldn't find the spear in which he and his friends had spent so much time on. It was stupid, but he really did put a lot of effort and a lot sweat to make it work. And to think that he'd be that careless and lose it in less than a day, he felt terrible of himself.

Moreover, it started to rain without mercy.

That only fed off his emotions, and started regretting his will to cry. Probably the judges were indifferent by his wimpy reaction. They probably already crossed him out of the list for not passing. As the rain each time soaked his hair and clothes, he simply felt denigrated by the thought that he was a loser.

Midoriya stood up after a while, and looked up where he couldn't see the brightest breach from the clouds. It was so dark and blurry. Surely the rain and this threatening storm was not natural. Taking off the hoodie, he allowed the raindrops to rinse his sadden expression.

He stepped down the mountains of chalk, dragging his foot away from that miserable swarm. He was now drenched, not leaving a single area dried of his face. Midoriya could care less as he walked to the closest building that provided shelter, warmth, and a rooftop. Considering his current situation, he wondered why the U.A High School would still continue the exams after this disturbance.

Surely, he would say, it was part of the course.

Maybe they were testing out his resistance in the rain and how he could tolerate. But even if that were the case, he didn't have anything to attack nor defend himself. Was he really up to the challenge of being a hero?

His thoughts perished as he raised his head to the middle of the street, far, far away. Some figure of a probable student stood firmly, not moving an inch of his body. They were also being drenched by the rain, so Midoriya questioned why they remained inmobile in the middle of this sickening downpour.

It was only then that the other person raised their head, and Midoriya asked himself why he hadn't noticed before.

It was Bakugo.

It was him.

His spiky hair.

His penetrating eyes.

He couldn't move. He couldn't believe this was true. It was as if time had stopped, meanwhile the blond said something on his earpiece.

That small thing drove his feet to rapidly start running in the opposite direction. Forget about the support item. Forget about the exams. What the hell was he doing here?

Midoriya slipped by sprinting so fast, sliding down and crashing against a pillar. He groaned in pain and despite the blood aching from his knee, he stood up and ran faster. He didn't hear explosions from behind. As expected, he thought Kacchan couldn't use them in the rain because it was dangerous and ineffective due to his quirk's regulations.

The other reconsidered learning from his mistakes because he kept on stumbling with each dash he made. But at this moment, he couldn't dare to slow down. He was facing the one that was bound to end his life, as well as the one that destroyed it.

The puddles of water was all around the streets. It was a danger to keep on tripping and possibly fall on his face, but so was getting caught by him. He didn't even dare to look back. He didn't even know where he was going.

In search for a building?

The outside of the gates?

A hiding spot?

No! He forgot about Kirishima! He had to find him! But what if he leads Kacchan to him? But at the same time, if Kacchan is here, that means The League of Villains are here as well. Well, he had to let go of that decision. Searching for Kirishima was like swimming the entire Pacific Ocean to look for a certain vessel. Better use this time wisely before he ran out of breath. Speaking of which, it was hard to breath beneath the rain.