~Chapter Thirteen: Juvie~

Evan, and I first met when I was just six-years-old. Melissa and I became unlikely friends, and she lived close by so we decided to walk home together. Evan was waiting outside our classroom to pick her up. At first, he didn't pay much attention to me, but as time went on, we grew closer, and the three of us became inseparable. 

It took all the way up to sophomore year for us to realize that we might have feelings for each other. Evan was seeing someone else and seeing them together hurt. It was only when they started to get serious that I realized that I liked him.

One night at a party, we all got wasted, and I couldn't suppress my feelings anymore. I told him how I felt, and before I knew it he was kissing me. After that night, we became more than friends. And after a few months we just kind of mutually agreed that we were dating, Melissa took the news surprisingly well.  

We were together for six months before the incident happened...

"Ring, ring," my phone goes off. I look down to see Melissa's name on the screen. "She's probably going to be late again," I say rolling my eyes. I answer the phone, and Melissa starts screaming in my ear. "Andy!" 

I wince and move the phone slightly away from my ear. "Ow, stop screaming," I say. "What's wrong?"

"It's Evan!" She screams. "He walked up to Carl, and just started beating him up in the hallway!"

"What?!" I jump up from my seat, "I'm on my way." I hang up before she has the chance to respond. I run out of the cafeteria, leaving my lunch behind, into the hallway.

I push through the crowd surrounding Carl, and Evan. I finally make my way through, to see Evan on top of Carl, punching him. "Evan, stop!" I yell, running over to them. I grab Evan's arm and try to pull him off. Not realizing it's me, he pushes me off, causing me to hit my head. 

After that everything gets kind of fuzzy. From what I was told, right after I fell, the school police officers finally came and dispersed the group. Evan ended up hitting a police officer, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. He got suspended, and luckily, he was under eighteen so he only got a year in juvie, plus some community service hours. 

The day before he was scheduled to go I came and visited him, it was the last time I saw him before he showed up at my house with Melissa. "Hey," I call out to Melissa, as I walk up to her house. "Ah, Andy you're here!" She screams, as she runs up and hugs me. "Did you hear the news?!" She asks. "Evan's going away for a year!"

"I know, that's why I'm here," I explain, as she lets go of me. "Oh you're here to see him," she says a little disappointed. "He's upstairs."

"Thanks," I say, as I start walking inside. "I'll be back in a second." I go upstairs and walk down the hall to Evan's room. The doors open, so I let myself inside. He doesn't notice me at first, so I tap him on the shoulder. "Melissa, what is it?-" He asks turning around. "Oh, Andy, it's you."  

"Sorry I thought you were Melissa, " he says. "It's ok, I heard about your sentencing," I say. "Aw, are you worried?" He asks. "Don't worry it's only a year. Try not to miss me too much." He chuckles.  

"A year is a long time," I say sadly. "Relax, it'll be ok," he says, trying to comfort me. "It'll be over before you know it. And I'll call you every day!" He flashes me a small smile, I can see the sadness behind it. "And when I get back it'll be like I never left!" I advert eye contact. "Andy?" He changes his tone, realizing what I came here to do. "You'll wait for me right?" I take a deep breath, before looking up at him. "Evan I-"