~Chapter Twelve: The Ugly Truth~

"I love you!" I scream, causing everyone to look my way. Evan goes wide-eyed. He walks over to me and grabs my arm. "Let's do this somewhere else," he says, dragging me down the block, into the parking lot. "Evan?" I ask, "Where are we going?" He doesn't say anything or gives any kind of response. He drags me into the parking lot, he lets go of my hand and unlocks his car. He opens the door and pushes me inside. "Evan-" before I have the chance to finish my sentence he slams the door. He walks around the car and gets in the driver's seat. "Is that how you really feel?" He asks.

"Y-Yes," I stumbled over my words. "But-" Evan interrupts me, by leaning in and kissing me. For a second I kiss back and melt into the kiss. As he tries to force his tongue into my mouth, I come back to my senses. I put my hands to his chest, to lightly push him away, but he ignores it and advances further. As a last resort, I bite down on his lip, causing it to bleed. He flinches and pulls away. "What the fuck Andy?!" He yells as blood trickles down the side of his mouth. "You didn't let me finish!" I scream, out of frustration, tears start to flow from my eyes.

"What were you going to say?" He asks in a low voice.

"I love you, with all my heart." I pause for a second. "But we can't do this."

"Why not?!" He asks.

"I'm pregnant with another man's baby!" I yell. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, it feels good to finally get that off my chest.

"I know..." He screams, as tears weld up in his eyes, "but I can look past that!"

"Please, Andy..." He pleads, grabbing my hand. I can hear the pain in his voice. "I love you." I look up at him, he's never looked so vulnerable. "Evan." There's a hitch in my sentence. I know what I'm about to say, is going to break his heart. "I can't do this again..." He moves back and wipes the tears from his eyes. "Get out," he says, not even meeting my gaze.

"Evan-" he interrupts me. "Andy, stop." He turns to me, finally meeting my gaze. "Don't waste your breath." I sink in my seat. "I'm done." He practically whispers, "we're done."
"What do you mean?" I ask, scared of what's he's going to say next.

"Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't even think about me." He says, "we're not lovers, we're not family, we're not even friends." He turns to me and looks me in the eye. "As far as I'm concerned you're just a friend of my sister, nothing more."

"Now get out!" I can hear genuine anger in his voice, that I've never heard before, "I don't want a stranger in my car," he says coldly.

"I-" I go to say something, but nothing comes out. I open the car door, and step out, knowing nothing I can say will change anything. He doesn't say anything else or even bothers to look my way, as I slam the door shut. As he pulls off, the realization finally hits, I just lost my best friend.