CHAPTER 14

Chapter 14

EVELYN'S P.O.V

The whole ride was so awkward; we didn't even talk to each other. And what should we have talked about ,like what?. I felt nervous because this was the first time when both of us were alone .Otherwise every day we met each other only in the office and that too among many other employees. I felt somewhat nervous of the silence that surrounded us the whole drive. I kept thinking of different topics about which I could strike a conversation first in order to avoid this awkward silence.

I just didn't know that about what topic we could talk about because we were neither classmates nor we were colleagues. I decided that it would be much better if I maintain my silence. Besides who wanted to talk with him? It would be like begin our own grave. I think I was not the only one who was deciding whether I should talk or not, but he was also the one who was thinking the same. Because of person time he turned on the radio of the car, the song started. I guess he was also bought bored with the awkward silence. The song played in the background.

I thought that listening to the song would be way better than trying to communicate with him and besides I liked the song that was on. it was the song lovely by Billy Ellish. I just liked that song it was one of my favorite. Unknowingly, because of my habit I started to hum with the lyrics. Whenever I listen to the lyrics of the song it just made me feel safe.

I just like the loneliness because being alone is best then being around fake people. Since my chains what I had all these prefer to stay alone then make a big group of friends. On the other hand my older brother Ben was a complete extrovert. He was always in the popular school group. While I was called his nerdy sister. I like being called that. Let's not make you bored with my childhood moments. So where were we? 😆. Yes I was saying that I started humming the lyrics of the song. For a moment I forgot that I was with my boss sitting in his car. I looked side eyed to view his expression. I saw that he was having that smug look on his face and he even had a smirk. I guess he heard me singing. Blush appeared on my cheeks because I was obviously embarrassed at this particular situation.

I did my throat and decided to look at the view outside the car window. Crickets were singing in the background and the Streets were filled with people. I liked this time because generally in the America the main life started at night. People wandered in the streets freely, while some group of teenagers were laughing and giggling to each other. I just miss my childhood days when I had nothing to do but just play with my friends and go to school. When I only had to focus on my studies. At time I thought that my parents life was best just like any other child who thought the same thing I guess because according to our childish thoughts , they didn't had to study. They only had to go to work and then after returning, they could rest. But now I realized that our childhood moments are the most precious moments of our life. They are the golden days of our life. I close my eyes to fill the lyrics. It felt so good this silence felt so good. although I was sitting with my boss Isaac , but this silence made me feel safe and I mentally thanked him to not try to strike a conversation with me. Because I already said that I was nervous in this situation. I don't know when but while listening to the song I dozed off. And after sometime I woke up to someone tapping on my shoulder. As I woke up at first I was shocked to see his face but later on I remember the situation. That I was being dropped off by him. I somewhat felt embarrassed of myself. I just hope that I wasn't swooning in my Sleep. I quickly opened the seat belt and thanked him for dropping me. As I proceeded to wake up I saw that a blanket was put on me. Although was feeling cold because of the air conditioner but I don't remember to bring a blanket to cover myself and provide myself warmth. After seeing a confused look on my face, he finally decided to speak .He said "don't look so shocked, you were shivering so I put that blanket on you .I could not afford you falling sick because you need to be there for tomorrow's meeting. And as you can see that you already reached your house ,would you mind to get down from the car because I have to go too you know" , he said with a bored expression on his face I thanked him to which he didn't reply and I got off the car immediately .He drove from there then.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking about whatever happened at the car. I guess it was the first time that I saw him caring for me somewhat but then again he was back to his jerk self ,making me to get out of his car .This day was somewhat strange for me.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER AND COMMENT TOO TO KEEP ME GOING.LOVE YOU ALL.