CHAPTER 26

HELLO GUYS I HOPE YOU ARE LOVING THE CHAPTERS . I AM VERY HAPPY THAT MY BOOK HAS REACHED 1.11K READS .THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT GUYS.LOVE Y'ALL.PLZ STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY MY CINNAMON ROLLS.

EVELYN'S P.O.V

As I was in the shower, I couldn't hear the ringing of my phone. After the shower, and after finishing all my night grooming routines like combing my hair and applying face cream, I unlocked my phone to check my social media .But immediately I was met with ten missed calls from Lucas, flashing on my screen. I called him back and after the second ring, he received my call. Once again I was met by his cheery voice, what's with this person, who is always in a cheerful mood, I thought to myself. I asked him that what the reason behind which he called me was, he told me that he was planning to do another meet up .I asked him the reason behind which he wanted me but he replied that it was nothing, but only a small meet up. I accepted his offer and agreed that we should meet up the next day as it was a Sunday .He agreed to it and we ended the call.

Immediately after ending the call with Lucas, my phone rang once again, flashing Rachael's name on the phone screen. I accepted the call and talked to her. Talking to Rachael was now becoming the part of a daily routine. We were like best friends now .I could say that after Madison, she was my good friend now. We talked for about an hour about office gossips and other colleagues. She knew everything about our office, like who dated whom? Who was in love with whom? and all other topics were in which she After some time ,she expertise upon .I hesitated to tell her about my wedding because I knew that she had a crush on Isaac and on knowing that we were about to get married, she would be heartbroken and I didn't want that surely. So I decided that not telling her would be a better option. After some time ,she planned that tomorrow, evening both of us could go shopping and we could name it as a friend's date. I was about to agree to her proposal but then I immediately realized that tomorrow I had to meet Lucas. I didn't want to reject her because I knew that that would obviously sadden her. So suddenly an idea popped in my mind, I could take her too to meet Lucas and later on we could go for the shopping. I told her that an another friend of mine was going to join us and if it was okay with her. To my surprise, she immediately agreed to it.

Sunday soon arrived and I was ready .I wore a blue dress that reached till my knee and paired it with blue stilettos .I wore a red lipstick and applied a light pink blush on my cheeks, applied some mascara on my eyelashes and decided not to put any eyeliner, so that my make up would look minimal and good at the same time. I heard the doorbell ring ,so I went downstairs to open the door. Rachael was already here. She was obviously pretty and she looked good like every time, we saw her. After checking her reflection my mirror for the 100th time, finally she was satisfied with her look and we left my house and took a cab to reach the Palacio garden, where Lucas asked me to meet him. After some time, we reached the destination, and entered the garden to be met by different couples holding each other and some were sitting together. I was literally confused that why did Lucas ask me to meet hereafter scanning all around, I could finally see Lucas sitting at one of the table out there beside the lake. He motioned us to come to the place where he was sitting. We went there and I introduced to Lukas to Rachael and Rachael to Lucas. We talked for some time and after an hour or so/Lucas told me that he has a surprise for me. I was taken aback at his sudden mention of a surprise for me. I wanted to ask him about the surprise but immediately decided not to because then he will tell me that if he would reveal it then it would definitely not be a surprise then.

He kneeled down in front of me and told me that he liked me .I was caught off guard by his sudden proposal .Rachael gasped in surprise and clapped excitedly at that moment. I did like him but not in that way and if I would not have to marry Isaac then I would definitely thought for a moment about Lucas's proposal but now I couldn't. It would be injustice for Lucas and i couldn't hurt him with my selfishness, so it would be better if I reject his proposal. Because then he would at least be able to move on and find someone whom he truly deserved, someone better than me .I took a deep breath and rejected him .He was definitely hurt with my reply, I could feel that from his expression. The smile that he had on his face immediately disappeared and was replaced with a blank expression as if something with a hint of hurt .I decided to tell him that I couldn't accept his proposal because I loved someone else, so that he could move on even if he would hate me, but I couldn't let him be shattered later on by giving him false hope.

I told them about my marriage with Isaac, because I just couldn't hide the fact from my friends, not anymore. There and then .I was sure that they would hate me but I just couldn't hide anything from them. Although it was a fake marriage but I needed to tell them that it was a real one because that was the condition of the deal .I felt nervous ,my legs felt numb .I was sure that I was about to lose my two good friends. Their reactions were that of shock and hurt after I told them about my marriage. I just couldn't stay there anymore. I uttered a couple of sorry's to them before leaving from there. I just couldn't control the tears, coming out from my eyes. I reached my house, I immediately went to my bed and clutched my pillow and started crying. I let the tears fall and after crying for some time, I couldn't tell that when did I fall asleep.

IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER THEN PLZ VOTE AND DON'T HESITATE TO COMMENT TO KEEP ME GOING.