CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

EVELYN'S P.O.V

I went to my boss's office to submit all those files that I had finished re-checking as per his order .I knocked at his office door and entered inside his office. I can feel that the atmosphere was a bit tense. I could see a frown on his face .May be he was not in a good mood, so I immediately decided to leave after placing the files on his desk. However I was called by him and I stopped on my tracks. I turned back and he motioned me to take a seat .I did as he told.

While I was shocked immediately at the words that left from his mouth. He said,"will you marry me?", like what ,did I hear it right. He hated me and now he was asking me to marry him. Was he alright or he fell on his head this morning. I was really shocked at his careless words, like he didn't care .Before I could reject him, he told me that it was just a fake marriage and I had to be his fake bride because he had to fulfill his grandmother's last wish. At the mention of his grandmother, I saw a frown arriving on his face and his eyes looked a bit watery ,was he about to cry .Oh I think I was just imagining things. I was genuinely sad after hearing about his grandmother. As I was myself brought up by my grandmother and we shared a close bond until she left me.

He cleared his throat in order to hide the sadness in his voice and proceeded to explain me that I only had to act as his wife only in front of his family and when we were alone, we could just ignore each other as if the other one didn't exist. And after about a year, we could file a divorce with the reason that we were not suitable for each other .That was the plan. I hesitated for a moment because it was my first time, was I had to act like someone's fake bride, as if it is a part of a drama. Before I could answer, he added that I would get 10 million dollars for my part, LIKE FREAKING 10 MILLION DOLLARS. After receiving that amount of money I need not need to work for this jerk and I could lead a happy ,ever after life. So I instantly accepted this fair deal. He looked satisfied at my answer and told me that he would soon discuss with the rest part of the plan over phone. I nodded and left his office.

YEAH I WOULD BE RICH ,RICHIE RICH,I THOUGHT TO MYSELF and proceeded towards my office cabin.

THANK YOU LOVELIES  FOR READING MY BOOK.AND IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER AND LEAVE YOUR ADORABLE COMMENTS IN ORDER TO KEEP ME MOTIVATED.TAKE CARE GUYS AND LOVE Y'ALL.