About This Book

Acknowledgement of Country

I want to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land this story was written on: the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people. I pay my respects to their Elders past, present, and emerging. I extend that respect to any other Aboriginal peoples, Torres Strait Islander peoples, and First Nations peoples from which my readers read this story on.

Disclaimers

This is a paranormal romance story featuring some harder topics and themes. It is not for anyone looking for a light-hearted story (though most vampire stories are pretty tragic, right?). Mature themes and warnings are listed below.

Age Rating

15+

Other Books

This is the first book in the Magic Mutations series. The order goes:

1. Vulnerable

2. Recover

3. Salvage

4. Evolve

All stories on my account are connected in some way but do not rely on each other (except those in a series). Characters Lukas and Ben are ever so briefly mentioned in the YA Christmas story: 31 Days of Christmas.

Olivia briefly will appear in Fighting for Now (Book 3 in the Fighting for Series).

The Magic Mutations Series is also briefly referred to as a book and TV show series in Callie and Lexi's Kiss List.

Topics

This story examines a number of topics/themes, including: love; magic; othering; friendship; and heroes and heroines.

Warnings

This book contains some mature themes, and the following books definitely contain mature themes.

This story contains one alluded-to sex scene (the conversation that occurs during but no descriptions of the actions themselves), and a couple of references to sex in a fade-to-black manner.

This story contains depictions of violence and some gore.

This story contains magical and paranormal characters that may not be okay with some peoples' faiths.

This story contains some use of profanity.

This story alludes to stories of sexual assault, though most certainly not romanticised.