• 12 •

"Then I'll keep the food for myself, hehe," you said, feeling very embarrassed.

"By the w--"

Kring Kring Kring!!!

It was a sign that the break time was over. The students started to enter their classroom.

"Well, see you next time Jake," Sunghoon said. Then he left the class.

You watched him leave suspiciously. "He looks... suspicious," you thought. But you immediately threw away your negative thoughts, because he is a good boy, unlike Heeseung.

You immediately sat in your chair. "So, you like him?" you asked. Jake frowned, "Him who?" You rolled your eyes. "Sunghoon. I'm talking about Sunghoon," you said.

Jake formed an 'O' in his mouth, then he nodded. "Yeah, of course I like him. I-I mean as friends, of course. He's really nice. Who doesn't like him?"

You let out a small laugh. "Yes, of course. He's very nice, no wonder we like him so much," you said, then let out your friendly smile.

No, it's all a lie. You don't like him that much. He seemed so nice to everyone, and Jake too. And it makes you feel that he is your rival too. After all, he just wanted to help Jake, right? At this point, you were thinking that the bad one is you. Because you blamed Sunghoon just because he helped and being Jake's close friend. So you tried to not being very competitive.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Time Skip...

"I hope you understand what I explained earlier. Our lesson ends here. Good afternoon, and goodbye," the teacher said. Then the teacher left the class.

You start tidying up your books and stationery, then put them in your bag. After that, you immediately put your bag on.

"Y/N, did you understand the lesson earlier?" Jake asked. You nod. "Yeah, I understand a little bit," you said, then smiled.

"By the way, let's go home together," you said. Jake nodded, "Sure. Sounds good."

The two of you left the classroom and headed towards the school gate.

"Umm... Jake--" Suddenly there's someone behind you two. And that surprises you, and upsets you at the same time.

"Hey guys!"

Jake smiled, "Hi Hoon. What are you doing here?" he asked. You've been putting on a annoyed face since Sunghoon's sudden appearance.

"Uh... walking with my friends?" he asked, then chuckled.

You mimicking his word, then said, "Can't you see we just want to walk alone?"

"I mean like, really want to be alone. Just me and Jake," you said. Jake looked like he was at a loss for words, while Sunghoon just looked at you confused.

"Is it necessary Y/N? What if you hurt his feelings?" Jake asked.

Sunghoon immediately chuckled. "Ahaha, don't worry. I'm okay. I just wanted to remind you that tomorrow is Heeseung's birthday," he said.

You nodded, "Of course we remember. You two already bought the clothes, right?" They both nodded.

"Good then," you said. "Now, Jake and I will go first. Bye!!" you waved at Sunghoon, and immediately pulled Jake away.

Since you thought you were far away from Sunghoon, you thought it was time for you to ask Jake something.

"Hey Jake, I want to ask you something," you said.

"Sure. What is it?"