• 36 •

Meanwhile on Haeyi's side...

Tired of running, Haeyi entered the restroom. There she was standing in front of the sink and facing the mirror. She rubbed her wet cheeks and sighed heavily.

"Huh... that girl," Haeyi said. The face that had been showing a sad look now turned into an annoyed look. "Why is she trying so hard to keep me away from Jake?" she asked to herself, "Wait a minute, what if Y/N likes him too? But whatever, no matter how she keeps me away from Jake, I will definitely win. She's not even prettier than me, how could Jake like her?" Haeyi smirks.

Then Haeyi quickly got out of the restroom. Suddenly, someone grabbed her wrist.

"S-Sunghoon? What are you doing here?" Haeyi asked. Without answering her question, Sunghoon says, "I can help you."

"Help me?" Sunghoon nods. "To get closer with Jake. You like him, right?" Haeyi frowns. "Were you eavesdropping from outside the restroom?" she asked. "No, you literally said that you like him. As a friend, I would like to help you. I saw you running to the restroom so I followed you."

"You really want to help me for real?" Haeyi's eyes lit up. Sunghoon nods. "Yeah, but in one condition, I won't overdo it since they're both my friends too. Deal?

"Deal!!" After that Haeyi immediately left Sunghoon.

"Just watch, Y/N. You're going to lose. I'm going to make Jake hate you until he doesn't want to be friends with you anymore!"

▪︎▪︎▪︎

The next day, you just arrived at school and coincidentally you met Heeseung. "Lee!" You ran straight to him. "What?" he asked. You snorted. "Why are you being so rude? I thought we were friends." Heeseung sighs, "Sorry."

"Remember about your problem with Jake back then you told me?" Heeseung nods. "It turns out you were wrong. You misunderstood." Heeseung frowns. "What? How come?"

You smiled and start telling him what Jake had told you.

"How did you know about this? Are you making this up?" he asked. "What? No! I did know this 'cause Jake told me everything. He wanted to tell you the truth but you always avoiding him, that's why he keeps silent!" you explained.

"Listen, maybe you should talk to him," you said, "I have to go now. I still have something to do. See you, Lee!" After that you run to class, leaving Heeseung in the corridor.

Arriving at class, you see Jake and Haeyi who are having fun in class. "Hey Y/N," Jake said. "Hey," you replied. You see Haeyi who looks restless.

"Uhm Haeyi, about yesterday... I'm, I'm sorry. About everything. I'm so sorry, I really didn't think about your feelings and I tried to stop but my mouth keeps making words that hurt you. What I said yesterday is not true, you are welcome here and I shouldn't be like that knowing that you are our friend now. Sorry..."

Suddenly Haeyi hugs you. "It's okay Y/N, I forgive you," she said. "Wow wow wow, what did I miss?" Sunghoon said, he just came to the class. You can only chuckle, "Nothing."

Soon the bell rang and you started your lesson as usual.

After school...

The three of you walked down the corridor- there was no Sunghoon because he was busy lately.

From a distance you see Heeseung who is walking alone in the corridor. "Uh guys, you can go home first. I have something to do," you said then you immediately ran to Heeseung. "Hey, Lee!"

Jake and Haeyi watched you and Heeseung. "Since when are they friends?" Jake asked. "Were they enemies before?" Haeyi asked. "Well, you could say that. Y/N became close to him since the project assignment a few days ago," he said.

"Sometimes, when someone finds a new friend and they like, they will leave the old friend behind. Maybe Y/N is one of those people," Haeyi said. "I-I don't know about that," Jake replied. "Let's just go, shall we? Y/N said we can go home first," Haeyi said then immediately put her arm around Jake's and leave.

"Shouldn't you be going home with your friends?" Heesung asked. "Yeah, but I want to go home with you now. I saw you walking alone, where are your friends?" you asked.

"They're not my friends anymore. I want to stop being who I used to be. Stop being a bully. Stop being a total jerk. After all, they're fake. They just want to be friends with me because I'm famous."

"Oh, so you're trying to be a better person, huh?" you said then ruffled Heeseung's hair jokingly.

"Hey stop it!" Heeseung said, "Let's go."

"Where?" you asked. "I thought you said you want to go home together?" Heeseung said. "Oh yeah, right. Let's go!"