• 20 •

After that, Jake sat down next to you again. He suddenly asks, "What about you?"

You frown, you don't understand about what he said. "What's what?" you asked. "Your parents," he answered. "Where are they now?"

Your smile immediately faded. "Why should he ask this?" you thought.

But you quickly tried to put a smile on your face again. You smile mischievously. "It's... a secret!" you said, then chuckle.

"Actually I didn't think you'd answer like that, but I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable. Sorry," he said. He scratched his ear.

"What? No! You don't have to apologize to me. It's not a big deal anyway," you said.

"But still. Maybe it's not a big deal, but I suddenly remembered about... what happened at the party earlier was a big problem for me. It's all because of me!" he snapped.

"Why do you have to bring up the party thing again anyway?" you asked.

"I can't stop thinking about it, Y/N! You got battered because of me, and Heeseung's party got ruined because of me!" he shouted.

"First of all, please stop shouting like that," you said. You sighed. "Let me explain this problem."

You looked at Jake, and told him to look back at you.

"First, it's not all your fault. Second, it was my own intention to ruin his party. And it seems to work though," you said.

"So it was all planned?!" he asked, more like yelling, actually. You shrug. "Nah, I wouldn't have done it if he hadn't trap us and made fun of you."

"And third, it is my task to help you, and so that you live happily," you said.

"Yeah, great. You're just helping me just so you can succeed with your task right? I didn't even know it was real or it just your imagination," he said, hurting your feelings a little.

"Excuse me? My imagination? Mr. Sim, please withdraw your words, because all of that is not true," you said. Starting to get annoyed.

"It's true, I want to succeed with my task. But I will not stay silent if someone makes fun of other people," you said. "Because you know what? I don't like bullies."

"Then... what if you succeed with your task? You'll be up there right?" he asked. You nodded happily.

"Then who will be by my side at school, and help me when Heeseung bullies me?" he asked. His eyes showed loneliness and sadness.

You who hear his words become sad too. "Oh, sweetheart, when I'm not with you anymore, Sunghoon will always be there for you," you said, then smiled.

"Besides, I seem to have one extra task. The one I made myself of course," you said. "What's that?" Jake asked excitedly.

"Making Heeseung to stop being a bully."

"Wow, so ambitious. I like it," he said.

"By the way, Y/N... I wanna ask you one more question," Jake said. You nod, "Sure. What is it bro?"

"When I was about to say that you can teleport to Sunghoon, why did you interrupt me by saying that?" he asked.

You shook your head. "Because you can't do that. You can't tell it to anyone else," you said, "It's a secret, just between the two of us."

Jake nodded in understanding. "Okay, I will not tell anyone about this secret, I promise," he said.

"Thank you."

"Hey, it's late. You don't want to go home?" he asked.

You looked at the clock, then widen your eyes a little. "Oh no, I have to go home now!" you said. Then you get ready to teleport.

"W-wait!" Jake grabbed your shoulder. You looked at him confused. "What is it, Jakey?"

"C-can you give me a h-hug?"

You almost choked. Your heart starts beating fast. "I give you hug? What the-- uhh... of course. Come here," you said, then you hugged him, he hugged you back.

"Why are you suddenly asking me for that?" you asked. "It's n-nothing, really! I just want to express my gratitude to you. You don't mind, do you?" he asked.

You shook your head. "Of course I don't mind. I love you bro," you said. Jake who heard that immediately widened his eyes. "Y-you what?" he asked.

You, who just realized you've said something wrong, immediately corrected what you said earlier, because you're scared that Jake would misunderstand. "I-I mean as a friend! I love you as a friend bro," you said.

"Sure. I love you too. As a friend of course," he said.

You nodded with a smile. "Okay, I better go now. Bye-bye Jake! Sleep tight and have a nice dreams!" you said. Then immediately snap your hands.

"You too..." he said, after you had left.