Date to Hide

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Soon enough, another note landed in front of her. And, don't you think it odd that she wants you to go have dinner with this Tristan? At first, she didn't respond since her mind was processing the question and going over various reasons of why Anita would want her to meet with him. Frankly, though, it was rather hard when she had a mannequin staring right at her that could kill her in her sleep if he wanted to. (F/n) didn't think that he slept after all.

Or, maybe, he did, but she doubted that he'd disclose that information to her, much like how he was vague on what he was besides just being a mannequin. Perhaps, he really just was a mannequin named Lee, and that's all there was to him, but she had trouble believing that. Mannequins just didn't come to life. At least, none of the ones she had seen in the past had done so.

"No," she finally responded, setting down the note. "Anita likes going on double dates. She likes me having someone to have by me." (F/n) huffed. "Probably so that I don't ..." Lee rested his chin on his palm, and she just had a feeling that he was smirking. "Okay, fine. She likes me to be occupied with someone else so that I don't focus on her relationship unless she needs to vent to me about hers." She crossed her arms. "But this time, I'm all too aware of Kaleb, and she can't stop me from being concerned just by having me meet this guy."

When another note found its way onto the bed, she lifted it up. Still, the timing is odd. You don't like Kaleb, and all of a sudden she finds this guy for you? Well, it was kind of out of the blue, but Anita had been teasing her about dating someone for awhile, so she might've been looking for someone and recalled this guy she knew for awhile. Though if she did know him for awhile, why hadn't she brought up Tristan sooner? Knowing Anita, she would've asked him to come along on their last dinner that Kaleb and they had together.

Continuing to read, she frowned a bit as more thoughts on the matter pestered her. And, she just happened to meet him in a bar, and they kept in contact? Anyone can use that as a cover story; it's incredibly common. I mean I know that can happen and all, but why not mention him sooner if she likes having double dates so much? So, he was thinking the same thing as her. Or, he might be pushing her in a direction that he knew the answer to already. Plus, he advertises his flings, only to want to commit to a relationship? I mean he's honest, but he also sounds quite arrogant. When did he even show others these pictures? Is that on that cell phone too?

"And, you're not arrogant?" she asked, raising a brow. He sat up straight, and she realized she shouldn't have said anything, but it was true. He was sitting at her desk like he owned the place and acting like he could control her every action. Then again, she was listening to him and letting him get inside her head, but his points annoyingly made sense. Another note greeted her.

I'm confident because I know what I see and hear. You're the one who wants to believe that Anita won't betray you. Now, are you going to answer my last question? She tsked. "Yet, you fail to tell me why she's going to betray me." He didn't move or right another note, and she inwardly groaned; however, she didn't forget what he was capable of. Instead of 'helping' her, he could be attacking her. "Fine. And yes, the picture date is ..." Wait, that was a good point. (F/n) had been so caught up in noting that he had flings that she hadn't actually paid attention to when they had happened, only that they had.