Bedridden

Chapter Eight London Hospital

Chapter Eight
London Hospital

The beeping sound surrounded the room as Aurora gain her consciousness glancing around. She glances at the white ceiling and then seat beside her. Her gaze fell on old men in their late 50s sitting beside her over the stool. She immediately recognized him and endeavored to get up.

Mr. Adair Kensington!!

"Aurora Stop! Lay down." Mr. Kensington prevents and covers her back as lays there staring at him.

"How long it has been?" Aurora asked in a raspy voice.

"Two Days! Sometimes you were awake but partially. We all were scared for you." Mr. Kensington says and an awkward silence fell in the room.

"I was looking for you. Vanessa called and told me that night you were missing. I was only helping her get that moment. I was worried when I found things at your house. I am sorry about Vanessa but how did it happen?" He questioned glancing at Aurora as she was lost in her wonderland.

"I am the reason for another death of my loved one," Aurora says biting her lips and trying to hold the pain that was ready to overwhelm her.

"You are no reason to blame Aurora." Mr. Kensington speaks glancing at weak Aurora in her hospital outfit laying with a blank face but overwhelmed with emotions from the heart. 'I don't have anything left!'

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I have to go." Aurora communicates trying to get off of the bed when Mr. Kensington stands up and stops Aurora.

"Aurora you need rest. I will get the doctors. You had a nervous attack twice this week. You know you have to rest. Just stay here!" He speaks and Aurora eventually has up resting back glancing at him. He smiles at her and shifts over his heels walking away from the room.

As Mr. Adair Kensington was out of sight Aurora gets off the bed and removes the drops safely and throws it into the dustbin. She finds her a dress nicely folded and kept aside. 'It is supposed to be for me.'

She quickly takes and dresses in Jeans and T-shirts walking out of the room without getting noticed by anyone. As she walked out of the hospital she breathed fresh air knowing nothing but to run. She hailed the cab and asked to drive.

Aurora reaches Vanessa's Home finding it sealed with cops' marks. She bends a little and gets inside the house glancing around. Everything was the same as before except for Vanessa's body. It was removed by a blood-soaked carpet.

'I'm Sorry Vanessa I couldn't give you goodbye.' Aurora glances at the floor with pain written all over her face but no tears fell. She soaked all her pain and walks inside the bedroom grabbing the stuff and packing it quickly.

Finally packing her stuff and some money she holds the envelope and takes out the money. "This is all I have! either I travel to somewhere safe or stay here where I have nothing left!" Aurora chuckles at their hands and then glances up at the ceiling.

"My hands were always full of money. Never had a chance to think about where to spend. But seems like life has something else for me." Aurora slowly puts back the money in the envelope and then inside the purse and walks out of the house. Aurora closes the car door glancing at the house in front of her nervously. The cab starts the drive as she grabs her purse watching the address pen down by her mother once.

Haywards Heath

"The only safe place I have got!" She thinks and stands on the porch knocking on the door thrice after not finding and doorbell. She nervously battles herself but still stands grounded waiting for the door open. The door opens and an old lady in her 70s greets her.

"I'm sorry how can I help you, young lady." The old women ask glancing at Aurora.

"I... I am Aurora Linnaeus, Daughter of Lilly Linnaeus Or Lilly Kristopher." The lady stood surprised glancing at Aurora while Aurora stood nervously glancing at her winked face just like her mother covered in surprise.

"You are my granddaughter!" The woman speaks of shock and her old voice. Aurora nods her head to the women positively. "I am your daughter lassie. I know you have heard of her demise. I send the note to you. It's just I don't have ... " Aurora battles herself while speaking when the old woman cuts off.

"Anyone and Anyplace! Your mother told you about this place which means my granddaughter still has a home. Come Inside girl it will soon be cold outside." The woman gives her way and Aurora with relief in her heart walks inside.

"Call me Madison!" The woman says holding Aurora's bag and placing it aside and holding her hands walking inside the room. Aurora glances around finding it to be the small but cozy kitchen.

"Sit! I will get you something to eat and drink. You look pale." Anna says walking away while Aurora has a chance to glance around. Her gaze fell over the picture on the wall. She was sure it was her father, mother, and her. Aurora gets up and walks near the wall in the kitchen finding it to be her family photos. In one of the pictures, she smiled widely holding her parents together. It's from the University!

"Lilly always sends me those pictures!" Anna speaks placing the food and drink at the table and walking behind her.

"Then why you pretended not to know me at the door," Aurora asked shifting her back to face her grandmother.

"I was practicing! Some people came looking for you on my porch. But you know I don't welcome people. I should keep practicing my acting skills" Aurora chuckles immediately at the comments from her granny.

"Come you need to eat and tell me what went wrong?" Anna asked taking her seat. Aurora walks and takes her seat beside Anna and started eating.

After a few hours, Anna sat surprised along with Aurora on the couch in the living room. Aurora sat there in freshly changed clothes while Anna held her hands.

"That Jerk!!" Madison hissed making Aurora glance at her finding suddenly her mother was sitting there but it wasn't. It was Anna her Granny.

"Slade's Should know Kristopher's are coming back in town." Anna hissed getting up when Aurora holds her wrist quickly.

"I don't wanna go back. That place terrifies me!" Aurora articulates honestly and nervously while tears roll down her cheeks. Madison presently sits beside Aurora holding her in her embrace and patting her back.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me, girl!"

"I have you now!" Aurora whispers weakly while tears roll down her cheeks.

"Come on cry your heart out. This will be the last you will be crying!" Anna requested and Aurora burst her feelings into tears putting them out at once. Anna's heart immediately felt all the pain and agony holding her closer and together.

Madison walks inside Aurora's room finding her sleeping soundly. She closes the door in silence walking out while holding her cell phone. "She is safe and sound, Booke but keep eyes on the Slade family until I come back with my daughter. Her mental health is my priority." Madison speaks over the call. "Alright Ma'am, I will make sure everything is alright until ma'am is back. Btw I have to figure out a way to end this all. Until you come back I have your back, Madam." He replies hanging the call and observing his Private Assistance desk.