Lies

Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

"Are you here to insult me?" He asked, confusing Aurora. Aurora watched him with a furrowed brow as he stepped near her. "What makes you think I will wear lenses in the middle of the night at my Grand father's funeral day at my mansion?" His voice darkens as he stepped too closer to her comfort. 

"I know you. I saw your eyes and you know what we have!" Aurora speaks with an equal sense of intimidation in her tone as him. "Do enlighten me on what we have!" He demanded knowing Aurora will never bring Aiden in front of everyone. 

"I saw your eyes. Take them off!" She pressed as Zagreus smirked at her. He leans to her ears and whisper. "Is this about being in my bed then I would say? You have to wait for the entire month. It's a rule in our mafia. We neither fight nor love for one month if someone's important demise has occurred." Aurora's eyes widen at his comments while Zagerus's lips curve in a mischief smile. He stepped further closer discomforting her sense as Aurora shifts her head. 'I was wrong!' 

"Fuck You!" She whispered moving away. 'Oh, I already have! But would love to do that again' He smirked as he wondered while she grabbed her purse with anger and regret playing over her face. 'I was wrong. He is a piece of a jerk!' 

Aurora was about to walk past him when he grabbed her elbow and made her face him. "My grandfather talked about you. I would love to know you in person!" Zagreus speaks while Aurora chuckles and rolled her eyes. 

"I know your type." She speaks with cockiness in her tone. "What do mean your type!" 

"You belong to the class of men who first tries to act arrogant and then charming so you can get women laid. But you know Zagerus Adair Kensington I am not one of those women. I have mistaken you for someone. But it will never happen again!" She speaks in anger and rude freeing her elbow and walking out of the mansion. Zagreus stood awestruck for a moment. 'Damn this woman is fire!" 

"Home!" She ordered as she gets in the car. Zagreus stepped near the door watching her disappear into the darkness. 

"You know you could have stopped her and told her she was right!"  Zagreus heard Lorence's voice as he walked standing beside him. "Ares is on war. I can't bring her knowing a bunch of men will run after her and Aiden after they know what she is!" Zagreus speaks calmly and shifts watching his handmade Vincent walking holding a folder in his hands. 

"But you lost the chance to hold on to your family!" Lorenzo watched while Zagreus took the folder from Vincent opening it. "I never had one!" He speaks coldly and disappeared to his study. 

Aurora dropped her purse on the bed watching Madison holding awake Aiden in her arms as his emerald orbs observed the moonlight. There was a sense of regret and deterioration inside her after she met Zagreus. She hated her decision. But there was a little part in her that was comforting her baby isn't heir to the Mafia. 

"It took you a while!" Madison smiled handing Aiden to her. Aurora's day brighten as her son held her gaze with her. "It was long and then I went to see Zagreus!" Aurora speaks. Madison froze on her spot and gazed at Aurora in shock. aurora held her eyes along with Madison. "Don't worry. He is not the father," she says while Madison knew Zagerus won't expose himself until he wants it. 

"You shouldn't have gone there!" Madison speaks firmly as Aurora nods her head in agreement. "I won't do it again!" she whispers and shifts her steps towards the bed. She laid Aiden over the bed and played with him for a while until he slept soundly. She showered and changed getting inside beside her baby on the bed holding him closer. 

 Ah-Ah!

Ooh-Ooh!

Aurora wakes up with the sound of cooing and gurgling of her baby. Her sleep brighten as she smiles opening her eyes and watching Emerald's eyes gazing at her. she couldn't help but chuckle and get up holding him in her arms. "And my baby is awake and hungry!"

Aiden babbled keeping his tiny hands over her cheeks while she just chuckle holding him near her chest and breastfeeding. As he filled his stomach he slept as aurora kept him over the bed placing the pillow boundary around him walking into the shower.

Aurora dressed up in a burgundy jersey turtleneck top with high waist flare pants along with white shoes. After she was done she puts Aiden in the playroom with guards and walked downstairs to have her breakfast. 

"Nona!" She called Madison as she stepped into the dining room holding her coat and bag. She looked around for her until her breath was caught in her throat. She almost gasps at the sight in front of her. Madison looked worriedly at Aurora watching the men fill to room with guns. Aurora's sight fell on Zagerus having breakfast over her chain in her mansion with a man standing beside him holding the gun. He looked ridiculously dapper in a black suit. He finished sipping his wine as she just stood there. 

"What are you doing here?" She demanded stepping closer while he watched her as he sipped the juice. "You are Rude!" He speaks as he puts down the glass and stood up stepping toward her. Aurora watched him with her cold gaze as he faced her. 

"I thought you would be less hostile after the night!" Zagreus smirked while Aurora chuckled.  "Oh Please, I rather wish I never saw you!" 

Zagreus just smiled as he watched her hostile side. All his life how obedient, sensible, caring and perfect little girl she had been. Not a word about being rude and bitch. 'Thing changes for good!' He wondered. Aurora just walked away keeping her bag over the chair along with the coat. "Aurora!" 

Her heart stopped as she turned watching him with shock. She remembers the tone. It was her Kidnapper tone from that night. She stood astonished as he turned to face her. "We are going to be partners!" He smirked as he walked away with his lingering gaze over her.