Work

Chapter Forty-Four 

"Oh, my baby is teething!" Aurora cooed to Aiden while Zagreus watched them playing in each other company. He leans against the car seat watching them as peace overtakes him. 'Couldn't I have asked for more?' He wonders when Aurora looks at him and they find smiling Aiden. 

"He is happy after seeing the doctor!" Zagreus states as Aurora makes Aiden jump over her lap and he giggles. He reaches his hands towards Aiden and brushes his cheeks with his knuckles. "We should get going to work plus you have an important meeting with Ares in a while," Aurora informs as Zagerus nods his head watching her. "You guys can come with me," he ask and she watched him in surprise. 

"That will expose Aiden to threat!" Zagerus smiles as he watched Aurora's concern. "I have my men all around us in locals. Don't worry!" He speaks while Aurora gives him warm smile. "I have some papers to sign for the company plus company registration. I have been working hard for it!" She says and he nods his head. 

"Then I will pick you guys up when you are free," Zagreus stated and Aurora nods her head holding Aiden safely while he starts the car. 

They arrive outside the company as Aurora gets off with Zagerus while Holding Aiden in her arms. Zagreus gets the bags from the car scoring them upstairs towards the cabin safely. Brooke stood smiling greeting Aurora and immediately takes away from her arms. 

"Look who is at work," Brooke cooed when Zagerus rolled his eyes and grabbed Aiden back to him. "You are forgetting your job!" He states coldly and Aurora sighs finding cold Zagerus back in the world. 

"You can be nice he is your cousin!" She says while Zagerus watches Brooke who waited for his reply. "I consider him dead," Zagreus says and kisses her forehead placing Aiden in her arms. "You stay away from my son!" he warned as he walked away leaving two alone. 

"What was that about!" Aurora asked turning to Brooke. She remembered she never talked about them. " Just bit our stuff!" broke and tried to brush things off and walk away but Aurora grabbed his arms dragging him inside her cabin. 

"Now, Tell me!" She demanded as she placed Aiden over the desk watching Brook. "When his mother died. I was at the mansion. I knew his father put something in his mother's food but I didn't know it was poison. I could have saved her but I didn't cause I was a kid back then. I told Zagerus later about it and you know..." Brooke answers as Aurora breathes nodding her head. "I shouldn't get in the middle of you two!" She speaks and he nods watching Aiden grabbing papers Auror picks him back in her arms. 

"Got the papers. I gotta finish the stuff soon and take him back home." Aurora asked and Brooke nods pulling up the file he was holding in his hands. Aurora grabs it taking her seat while reading them.

"I should settle the baby Vrib!" Brooke speaks and Aurora nods while reading the papers. Brooke did his work and placed Aiden inside watching him all energetic and jumpy. "He is active!" 

"Well, he is. Zagreus is an amazing father. He has been helping this little to walk but he can barely make it!" Brooke smiles as he watched Aurora buried in the paper while Aiden plays with himself. "He is making sure you and Aiden get everything that his mother and he never got!" broke smiles watching Aiden. 

Zagreus walks inside the cafe watching Ares sitting with his grandfather like they were waiting for him. He takes the seat in front of them as Ares passed the file to him. "It's a List of everyone that you should kill during these months while I am gone around here. Don't bring your son and wife to this." Ares warned as Zagerus opens the files watching Pictures marked with date and time. 

"My men have kept the track of everything along with you and everyone is spread out around the world. The job should finish within a week" Ares informed as Zagerus watched them. "Considered it done." He speaks calmly while Ares watched him. 

"You look different!" Ares asked eyeing him as Zagerus breathed. "Eight of surgery with business. You shouldn't bug in!" He stated coldly while Ares chuckle watching him. "And being a father!" He smirks. "Tell me when yours is around!" Zagreus gets up picks up the file and stops. "what about the kids in the family!" He asks. 

"That will be taken care of. Smith will look after it!" Zagreus nods his head walks away gets inside the car and drives to his hospital. He walks inside to cancer ward to check on his patients when presence beside him and makes him shift. 

"Shouldn't be you underground!" He asked Zagreus while Zagreus sighed closing the file and walking around until he followed him. "Arcane Arwad Rodriguez. What do you want!" Zagreus hissed as Arcane sipped his coffee. "You are supposed to be looking after my reports and yet I find you didn't forge it!" Arcane hissed as Zagreus stops watching him. 

"I can't!" Zagreus warns walking away when Arcane grabbed his below turning him. "Tell me something that I don't know about you. That little son of yours that you are hiding and Aurora will be doomed if you didn't forge my medical report." Arcane threat as Zagreus's hands turns into a fist. 

"Say that again and I will drug your medication so that you never wake up. You will stay away from my family. The last thing I want my family to be exposed to is Rodriguez." Zagreus stated and Arcane smirked. "So forge my reports before it reaches my mother and father." Arcane smiled and patted his back walking away. "Fuck he is pink with issues!" Zagreus hissed as he walked away. 

Aurora completed her work by the evening and picks sleeping Aiden in her arms walking out of her cabin and locking it. "You want me to drop you home or should I get you a car!" broke asked putting his coat on. 

"Car with Driver!" She speaks walking along with him while Brooke called someone as they take the stairs. "The car will be here by the time we get down." Aurora smiles as she walks with him holding Aiden in her arms. 

A sneak peek at who loves Arcane!