What in the Tanaka?

2 months before you two began dating Tanka, put a little show on for his friends. "I want a girlfriend."

"Why? I thought you like Kiyoko?" Tanka looked at his friend.

"I... I don't know, I want a girl who will cheer me on."

"You mean more than one, right?" He looked at Nishinoya and sighed.

"I don't know. One will be enough, especially for the tournament."

"Why, then?"

"Because it'll go like this." Tanaka cleared his thought, jumping to one side of the room. He put his arms behind him, mimicking a girl, with a little blush on his cheeks. "Tomorrow's the tournament at last." He jumped to the other side looking down, hand on hip. "Yeah, that's right." He jumped back to the other side, pressing his legs together, and then cupped his hands. "You were trying so long for this." He went back to the other side, looking up a little. "Yeah, I know it's been hard for you, too." He went to the other side, jumping a little, holding his arms to his chest, acting shy. "No, I don't mind," He threw out his arms leaning forward a bit. "I love watching you play, Ryu!" He faked tears as he jumped back to the other spot, now looking at his previous spot in shock. "Honey..." All his friends looked at him weirdly.

--

That being done, (lmao) he met you. A sweet and caring, but blunt girl. And you talked to him. At first, you watched him practice (alone), but still. You loved how excited he got from playing the sport he loves. Then when you guys began dating, you watched him play games, he always invited you. Saying how much it'll mean to him. You get annoyed when girls cheer louder than yours. Tanaka would look up and see you there, which is enough for him. You coming out to support him for something he enjoys makes him happy. You guys haven't told the team yet, he doesn't know-how. "Hey, pretty lady." You'd laugh at his horrible jokes or pickup lines.

"Hi, Tanka."

"I said to call me, Ryu."

"Fine, hi, Ryu. How was your day?" He sat on your couch, getting serious.

"The guys think, I'm making you up." You sat your book down, sitting up.

"You told them?"

"Well, not really, Hinata saw me talking to you, and asked if I was dating you, before I could answer, Tsukishima and Nishinoya did."

"Oh, what did they say, baby."

"Something along the lines, 'Like baldy could get a girlfriend.'" You laughed a little as he mimicked Tsukishima, who you've never met. "And, 'why would Tanaka want one girlfriend?'" You felt your heartbreak at the sight of your boyfriend's frown.

"Baby."

"No, I just... sure I use to get jealous at Oikawa because all the girls looked at him... but then I met you, and before you, I use to want any girl to look at me, just one. And then, you came along, and I found the one." You smiled to yourself as he rambled. "I don't Kiyoko, I think I only liked her because she tolerated me and because she's the only girl who wants to come around me. Minus Yachi. But... why is it so hard to understand I just want a girlfriend, just one. Just you." You waited for a second for any sign if he was done. Once you realized he was, you sat onto his lap, rubbing his cheeks gently. He looked at you waiting for you to do something. Or say something. You quickly pecked his lips making him smile a little.

"There's that smile, baby. I don't care about what the guys say. But I do if they make you feel like this. I love cheering you on, I love being the only one with you. I know the real you Tanaka, the funny, weird, smart, crazy you. So what they think you're all about the girls, just show them you only want one.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, plus, I love you, Ryu. And I'm your's, you got me. Okay?" He smiled lightly at you before kissing you gently.

"I love you too, Y/n, thank you for staying with me." You laughed pushing his chest a little.

"Don't thank me for that, babe." You got off his lap and continued to read your book.

-next day-

You walked into the gym, seeing Tanaka practice with someone else.

"Hello?" You looked to your right, seeing a girl with black hair, she must be Kiyoko.

"Hi. I'm just waiting." You knew the practice was almost over, Tanaka hadn't noticed you yet.

"Oh. Y/n, right?" You smiled at her and nodded your head. "He speaks very highly of you."

"He does?"

"Yeah, we have 10 minutes left," You furred your brows until, "Tanaka, you have a guest." All the boys turned to you, letting the ball his Tanaka's head, you covered your laugh with your hand.

"That's the girl..." You heard the orange-haired kid say, must be Hinata.

"Y/n?" He walked over to you slightly.

"Hey, I was heading home from a study group, when I remembered practice would be over soon, thought I'd walk you home."

"Oh, thank you, baby. Just been practicing for the tournament."

"That's tomorrow right?" You asked placing your bag beside you, your boyfriend smile a little.

"Yeah, that's right."

"You've trained so long and hard for this." The boys looked at each other confused.

"Yeah, I know it was hard on you, too."

"I don't mind, I love watching you play, Ryu." He smiled down at you, this was even better than his imaginary girlfriend 2 months ago.

"You are an angel, honey." You smiled brighter and lifted your head to kiss him quickly. The boy's eyes widen at your reaction, you pecked his lips again before backing away.

"This angel will be cheering you on."

"Hm." He wrapped his arms around you smiling into your hair. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Ryu."