Why?- Terushima

You were a popular writer, a popular author of the hottest book out. You had an interview with the hottest publishers in town. You were super nervous but your boyfriend Terushima was there to support you. "Shima, I don't think I can do this." You sighed into your seat your leg shaking as the other bounced up and down due to nerves.

"Hey, hey.." He sat in front of you placing a hand on your legs as the other cupped your cheek, "you got this." He whispered. "I promise everything is going to be okay."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, you are so brave and so strong. He'll love you." You sighed nodding your head.

"You're right." He smiled and stood up. "Hey, um... us against the world right?"

"I'd destroy it for you. Us against the world." You smiled at him. "I love you."

"I love you."

"Ms. L/n. We're ready for you." You looked at the woman nodding your head.

"You got this. I'll be in the crowd, just look for me." You nodded your head again, kissing Terushima before following the woman. You thanked her before sitting down across from the man.

"In three... two... one... we're live."

"Good morning Tokyo. Today we are with Ms. L/n, author of the best-selling The Swear. How are you today?"

"I'm good, b/n. Glad to be here."

"I have to ask, who exactly did you base the villain in the book?"

"Villian? I don't remember writing about a villain..?" You asked confused, you looked around seeing Terushima breathe in.

"Oh, right you have him as the good guy. But... isn't that a little... hypercritical?"

"How is that exactly hypercritical..?"

"I mean no disrespect. I love the book, but the guy is willing to sacrifice the world for her. Isn't that something a villain would do? A good guy would sacrifice her."

"So... would you sacrifice the love of your life for the world."

"If it meant saving the world. Yes."

"Then that's where you're wrong. Every girl on this planet wants a guy who will demolish the world for them." You smiled as the crowd began to cheer. You looked back at Terushima who was smiling.

"Do you like villains more? Would your boyfriend, Terushima, destroy the world for you?"

"Yes." Terushima whistled at your answer.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do girls like bad guys?"

"We're talking about heroes and villains right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay... let me see if this helps. A bad boy, a villain, when they get on the floor, down on their knees for her and only her something in every girl stirs. A hero, like you pointed out, would sacrifice her to save the world, showing that they are indeed pure-hearted and honest, but a villain would tear the world apart if she was hurt. That is a promise. They seem selfish and manipulative and rude to everyone around but he treats her like a queen, his and only his, sitting beside him on the throne with her crown. I think bad boys and villains are misjudged, and that most of the time we don't get to see their story because if we knew it, the hero may not seem so full of glory. Monsters aren't made, and any soul tortured, confused, and abused incidentally would not have time to mourn so the next time I defend a bad boy or a villain remember they were once broken too. You asked why. That's why. Terushima would tear apart the world for me, who would tear apart the world for you?" You asked, leaning back as the crowd cheered. The man looked at you and smirked, and you turned your head to the crowd seeing Terushima mouthed, 'us against the world.' You smiled and nodded your head.