Misunderstanding-Kenma

You stood on the bus holding onto the pole trying not to fall asleep, the thought of Kenma sitting on the couch when you got home was the only thing keeping you up. The woman in front of you was eyeing you as you dozed off for the 100th time. You jumped as your phone went off, the lady in front of you rolled her eyes at how loud it was. "Sorry, sorry." You saw it was Kenma and a small smile formed. "Hey, love. I'm on the way home. Work was tough."

"Another case?"

"Yeah, a murder. Stayed up all night." The people around you looked at you as you closed your eyes sighing into the pole.

"A murder? Another one?"

"Yeah, the body was chopped up so I had to put all the pieces back together... which wasn't technically my job."

"Ew."

"Yeah, tell me about it. I like I have a little blood on my leg. It was so gross."

"I bet. Can't wait to see you, kitten. I cooked dinner since I knew you would be tired and exhausted to come home and cook."

"Thanks baby. I am exhausted and dinner sounds amazing. I just want to be home and take a shower."

"How far are you?"

"Umm..." You looked around trying to see where when you saw a sign. "Oh, this is my stop, I'll be home in like 10 minutes tops."

"I'll fix your bath, get home safe."

"Thanks love. You are amazing." You walked towards the door was the train stopped only to see an officer.

"I need you to come with me, miss." You looked at him confused.

"Hey, um. Kenma can you actually meet me at the police station?"

"What why?"

"Just... meet me there. Get Daichi." You hung up and followed the officer outside to his car. He opened the back door. "May I ask what this is about?"

"Get in the car." You sighed and got in he closed the door behind you before getting in. He called it in on the radio.

"Um sir, I had a really long day I just want to lay in bed."

"Ma'am with all do respect, can't let you do that." You groaned and flopped back into the seat looking out the window. You looked at your phone seeing a message from Daichi.

Dai- Don't say anything until I get there.

You turned your phone off as the car stopped, you waited for the officer to open the door. "Come on." You got out the car and walked inside. He brought you into a room and left you there.

"Okay?" You sat down and looked around the room, noticing it was an interrogation room.

"Mrs. Kozume?"

"Yes?" You looked at the man as he sat in front of you.

"Did anyone tell you why you're here?"

"No, but I'd like to know why."

"We heard you were on a train... talking about murder."

"Wait, hold up. That's not the story."

"So you weren't on a train talking about murder?"

"I mean... I was. But not how you think."

"Then tell me how I should think it is."

"I'm a forensic anthropologist. I look at peoples bones. We had a late night in trying to figure out the murder. My job is to examine the bones and put them in the spot they're suppose to be in. That's my job."

"You have your Id on you?"

"I do." You grabbed your bag and shuffled through it. "Or I don't let me call my colleague and I'll have them bring it down."

"We've heard that one before." You turned your attention to the door as it opened.

"Sorry, sir. We have a Daichi Sawamura here. Wants to speak to you and Mrs. Kuzume."

"Huh.." The man looked at you before the door. "Let him in."

"Ok." You sighed as you saw Daichi.

"Daichi Sawamura. You're quite popular."

"So is Y/n L/n."

"Excuse me?"

"Mrs. Kuzume was a forensic anthropologist before she was married. She goes by Y/n L/n. Her license is being renamed to her marriage name."

"Uh-huh. Well, we have a few more questions then you can go."

"Yes, sir." You groaned and laid your head down. The man got up and walked out the room leaving you with Daichi. "What do I do, Dai?"

"Hey, relax. I'm sure they are gonna run your name through the system and figure it all out. Kenma is waiting outside for you, ok?"

"I just wanna go home. Work was stressful and Kenma made dinner and everything."

"I know. He told me, I'm sure you'll be leaving soon."

"I hope so."

"Sorry about that, Mrs. Kuzume. You are free to go, it won't happen again."

"Let's hope it won't." Daichi stood up and offered you a hand. You got up and walked out the room, grabbed your stuff and walked out the station. "Baby." You groaned as you reached Kenma.

"Hey, love. I ran you a bath while I waited for Daichi. It should still be warm and ready. Let's get you home."

"Thanks, and thank you Daichi."

"Of course. Get home safe." You both went your separate ways.

"I can't believe they arrested you."

"Well, technically they didn't. I didn't have any handcuffs on me thankfully. I just want to go home take a shower and eat with the love of my life."

"Aww. We're almost home love."

"Thank god." Kenma laughed as you pushed yourself into his side, he wrapped an arm around you and sighed.

"Welcome home." This time you laughed as you reached your house. "You go take a bath and I'll heat up the food." You smiled at your husband and kissed his cheek.

"You are amazing."

"I know, you said that earlier." You scrunched your nose and ran upstairs to the shower. Kenma shook his head at you and walked to the kitchen and grabbed your plates. When you were done you saw Kenma waiting in front of the table with a smile on his face.

"Thank you for cooking dinner. This is... sweet."

"Least I can do. You've been working so hard lately, thought you could a use a night of relaxation."

"I love you, Mr. Kuzume." You wrapped your arms around his neck.

"And I love you, Mrs. Kuzume." You smiled as he leaned down and kissed you.