Chapter Three

"What is this?" Heather asked as Saleem handed over a signed photo of himself. Not quite what she had expected. Also, a postcard-sized print with a signature, adding Jeff's name as she informed him.

"I want you to take this so you won't forget me."

"Forget you? After all the commotion you have caused I don't think I would forget you for a very long time." For all the wrong reasons.

He closed the distance between them, his dark golden syrupy eyes sweeping over her, reaching up, touching her cheek with soft fingertips. "I don't want you to forget me."

Her breath hitched. "Believe me, I won't," she promised, holding the photo against her chest. "Jeff is going to be pea-green with envy."

Smiling, he flicked at her thick, black fringe. "Just as long as you don't give me away to your friend. He's just a friend, Silvia?"

Her lips parted. She really should tell him the truth, then again. They probably would never meet again. "I won't." His finger dropped, brushing across her lips, making them tingle. She pulled back. "I really need to go. Dale is waiting for me."

"Yes, of course," he stepped back, digging his hands into his pants pockets. "I guess you do. As for the other, it will quieten down."

"Thank you for seeing me. I see now it was pointless and not your fault." He had been very generous indeed. Also not so necessary on his behalf. Almost caring. How strange!

"At least that is something," he noted dryly. "Before you go, how can I get in contact with you, if anything crops up as my people look into this mess."

Heather frowned. "Do you think they will?" chewing on her bottom lip, hesitant to give out her number, even if he was world-famous. He was still a stranger. Just because he's known worldwide, didn't make him safe. What had she been thinking? Mind racing.

"I can't get in contact with you here?"

"I might have to move."

"Nobody knows except for me and Jeff," she closed her eyes. Big slip-up.

"So it wasn't the tenth hotel you tried. You knew where I was. Did you hack into the computer system?" He sounded calm in his voice. Or was it the actor?

Her heart sunk, her stomach tightened, fingers curled. "Not quite."

His hand shot up, placing it on the door, blocking her exit by keeping it closed. She eyed him off his tight, bulging arm muscle. Even reached out to poke. Rock hard. Crossing her arms, she leaned against the door, relaxing as she sensed she had nothing to fear. "Explain to me how you found me so easily."

She eyed him sideways, flicking her bottom lips with her teeth. "Depends on what you're going to do about it?" she enquired warily.

"Depends how good he is, I might damn well hire him." Not what she had expected. He sounded impressed, relieved, releasing a long breath, shoving hair back from her face.

"Not through breaking into the hotel's system. Anyway, I don't see you using your name, so would use a pseudonym." He nodded. Possibly his real name, that if Saleem wasn't his real name. She knew nothing about this man, what he would or wouldn't do.

"Go on."

"The outside cameras, caught you entering this hotel."

"I could have just come in for a drink or something to eat?" he offered, yet was frowning, expression troubled.

"And not come out again. Not a sighting of you."

"I could have left by a back door."

Shaking her head in confidence. "Covered. Anyway, it's not something he does in normal situations. He was helping me out. I wouldn't have found you otherwise."