Chapter Forty-Two

Too wired to sleep, Heather hovered over a sleeping Ziyad. He had been working long hours before the wedding, clearing his desk, also setting up a new portfolio, something he was super excited over, discussing ideas with her, and brushing back hair from his forehead. 

Moaning, he shifted onto his side, his arm tightening around her.

Flesh against flesh that was all new to her, skin tingling at his touch, more than before, breasts heavy as heat coiled into her belly, trailing fingers over his chiselled stubble jawline. Rough and smooth, heat beneath her fingers, especially as she brushed over his slightly parted lips, his breath so soft and warm, curling her toes that had given her so much pleasure.

He was the gentlest loving man she had ever known. Touched her where no other man had, not just in her heart, closing her eyes, she could almost feel him deep inside of her. Being with him like that as one had never been so beautiful, reaching for the stars in ways she never thought were possible. One she had read about never believed it was possible.

She hadn't been afraid, yet, still hadn't been sure what to expect.

Sexual education was one thing, even reading books. One didn't know for sure until the first time and he had been her first and would be her last.

They had gone at his pace, not hers, so eager, yet not prepared. Making sure she was safe all the way, while she wanted to devour him, wanting him, loving him, having a feeling he held back not wanting to hurt her only just for a moment that passed into euphoria rapture of fervent bliss, even now she throbbed in memory.

Glad she had done what she had.

Now they could reach out to know each other.

She wanted so much more, even now.

Yet he needed his sleep, easing down at his side, head in pillows, eating him up with her eyes, skimming her fingers down his neck, across his broad bare shoulder. One thing she wanted was to see him naked more often, to enjoy the vision of him, laughing at herself at her reaction when she had seen the first time only wearing a towel.

Hello, what was she thinking? Really, telling him to put clothes on! She shifted over him, peering over the bed at his suit, which lay on the floor with her dress in a dumped mess. His wonderful Armani suit deserved better respect than her disposing of it as she had.

"Whatever you are thinking, do not." She fell back and flopped into the pillows, staring into darker golden eyes, also drowsy from sleep.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

His arm still firmly around her, tightened, and with his other hand, he rubbed his jaw where her hand had been. Had he felt her still as she had?

He gave her a sheepish smile. "You wore me out."

"Not so sure about that. You held back."

His eyes widened, his hand falling away, threading through her hair. "I would never hold back on you, Heather-girl."

"I know you didn't in that way, just in the other way."

"I needed your first time to be special."

"It was so special like you." Reaching up, brushing fingers his lips, rippling through her with a sudden surge of delirium. "What we shared was amazing, mind-blowing," she paused, biting her bottom lip, looking up at him, searching. "What about you? I..I.."

Laughing richly, he kissed her. "You, my love, are priceless. I touched the stars."

"You too?" she grinned. "That is a good thing, isn't it?"