Chapter Thirteen

Waking up refreshed, early, Heather wanted to see to Saleem's needs after looking after her so well, yesterday. Probably some overzealous fan. Nope, she's done with it and going to enjoy her time with Saleem, and her antics had already taken him away from his work.

Not any more. Glad his bedroom door was closed, so she opened the blinds over the balcony door and windows, allowing the early morning sunlight to spill into the room, and lighten it up.

Spinning around, she noticed the stacked treats from last night and saw to the cleaning up. Wine back in the fridge and dumped the melted ice from the ice bucket into the sink, smiling to herself, so like a man to just dump it all on the bench, thinking he had cleaned up.

Placing away the unused glasses, she removed a cup for her tea and a large one for his coffee. Not her usual morning routine, but one she could get used to, removing the house phone, ordering breakfast, and going for a lighter one for herself after last night's effort.

Something she only did now and then. Too often and she gained on her hips if she didn't watch it. Not actually gym material, but walked instead wherever she could to get around the city instead of taking a tram, train, or bus, which was much easier to get around and usually quicker.

Opening the balcony door, she stepped out into the cool morning breeze, breathing in deeply, much warmer than Melbourne, yet not overheated either to allow her to run around in shorts and a t-shirt, yet allowed her to wear a short-sleeved summer dress, glad to get out of her winter heavier clothes.

Leaning on the balcony rail, she looked down upon the garden's courtyard below with a swimming pool, daybeds, and towel on the end waiting for the day ahead, which was fenced off from the private courtyard, birds chirping in the treetops.

Today was a new day and one looking brighter than the day before.

A knock on the door had her rushing back inside, eyes darting to the still-closed door. Raced across, and flung open before there was another knock. Please let the poor man sleep for once. Stepping back, and gawked at the giant man in black that filled the doorway, looking very menacing, placing a hand on her throat.

She should have checked first before boldly opening the door without a care in the world. Saleem was going to have a fit. He was no waiter and there was no tray, her feeble brain acknowledged.

Dark brows netted down over piercing eyes that rested on her. "You don't look like Saleem."

"Um," colour flooded her cheeks, yet heard a slight accent. Russian? "Sasha?" This was her big, burly Russian. He nodded. "Please come in." She stepped sideways, looking behind him, frowning. Where was his PA? Closing the door, she rushed in. "I hope someone met you, you're supposed to be collected, not find your own way here."

"Nyet, I was collected. Saleem said he would be back before I arrived."

Her eye widened. "Back?" she hadn't even known he had left. "If you excuse me," she pointed behind her towards the bedroom door, his not hers, feet moving in the same direction.

Knocking on the bedroom, while the man walked around, checking over the room. Without an answer, she opened the door, calling his name softly, coming up empty. And she had thought she was up early.

Didn't the man know how to sleep in?

Stepping out of the room, about to close, when the front door opened and his PA stepped in. "I'm surprised you allowed Sasha..." she stopped dead as Saleem followed behind, dressed in low-hipped pants, holding the towel ends around his neck in his hands, shirtless.

Closing the door, Heather charged across to the kitchenette and busied herself making coffee, tea, whatever, bringing out sugar, milk, whatever was needed, having no clues who wanted what, bringing down cups.