Chapter Twelve

Woken up sharply, Saleem slammed a hand down on the alarm and rubbed across his groggy eyes with the other. Just after four a.m. slowly coming aware of weight against his shoulder, his gaze drifting down to the sleeping beauty beside him, holding onto his arm around her.

He shifted to wrap his other arm around her. She was such a sound sleeper. A good thing. He buried his face into her luscious locks, breathing in her fragrance of apple and cinnamon, just like her sweet and spicey.

He never saw it coming. She's supposed to be under care unless it was someone new. His hold tightened around Heather, desperate to keep her safe, doubting his choices, but she had insisted on staying.

Removing his phone from the bedside table, he flicked through until he had the director's message bank and sent him a message, a text he couldn't attend work that day. He'll have to get his PA to get in contact with him and explain what went down. He didn't want to disturb Heather from her sleep. To be truthful, he liked her in his arm, in his bed, and was going to enjoy this until she woke and would.

His phone pinged. Heather shifted against him, sighed, and settled. Making sure she was asleep, he read over the message. It seemed his PA had already been hard at work, already knew and taken as long as he needed. Sending his thanks, once Sasha arrived, he would be back straight into it. Production time was important and has always been professional in anything he did. The film is set at the palace. And always took care of those in his care.

The last thing he had expected with threats towards his girl. He won't make that mistake again. With another ping, he flicked open and was updated on Sasha's whereabouts. He was already on his way, flown in by a private plane, not relying on any airlines, and would fly straight to Brisbane.

He sent another text to get in contact with him as soon as he landed and would send his PA to collect him. Placing down his phone on the desk, Heather shifted again, sighing that sounded like pleasure. Pleased she wasn't having any adverse reaction to what happened.

Lifting his hand, he softly touched her hair, skimming, closing his eyes, absorbing the silkiness of her hair. So soft. Biting back a moan when she moved against him, her hand pressing onto his chest.

"Saleem?"

"Hmm," he answered lazily.

"What's the time?" her head rose from his chest, forcing his eyes open.

"Far too early," he glanced down at her face, lifting her hair with his hand. "You need your sleep, Heather girl."

She wiggled against him, yawning, waking him further, aware. "What about your work, aren't you supposed to be up and getting ready for the day?"

He gave her a lazy smile. "No hurry."

"What," she gasped. "You drag me up at the crack of dawn since you started, now calmly you're saying we're having a sleep-in." She eyed him off.

"It's alright, Heather, they have cleared me from work today." Her lips fell open, troubled. "Darling." he cradled her face in his hand. "I am not leaving you alone until Sasha arrives. You will have twenty-four protection until this threat gets sorted." Her eye bugged open, suddenly wide awake.

"I was hoping it was just a bad dream, an overdramatic fan."

"Hopeful that is true, Heather girl, but I am not taking any chances with you."

"And you have been through this before?"

He eyed her closely. "You look wide awake. Shall I order something to eat? There is twenty-four room service, and you didn't have dinner last night."