Chapter Forty-One

Over a month later

Finally, the day arrived after a month of planning. 

Princess Kate was a great help, teaching Heather some tricks in learning the language as she had to when her mother married her King. Also had to be trained to be a princess, so understood what Heather was going through.

Last night there had been an enormous family dinner, including her family. The dress was finished days ago. Ziyad has been told to stay away from her rooms, much to his disgust, her mother's orders, following traditions.

Princess Kate was back with her own family, who had flown in for the wedding.

Being the royal family, Heather had gone more with their traditions. Her father would walk her down the aisle, in the grand room, part of the official area of the palace, where they had many receptions, turned into a wedding site and another into a reception.

The guest list blew her mind. She had stayed with her family only. How could she expect her friends to fly all the way here? Ziyad offered to fly them in, but she declined. He had flown in her family. That was enough. Instead, he promised the next best thing, send footage of their wedding they can watch in their own time, after the event that will be broadcast throughout the country.

Not wanting to cause issues, for public perception, his uncle included in the wedding guests, seated with the family, taking his proper place.

His mother had been a great help and discussed everything with her and her mother, who watched on fascinated, also in awe, and couldn't stop raving about Janus's beauty, the class that came so easily to her.

Her mother was overwhelmed and had nothing to do, much to her relief.

Apart from being the mother of the bride, Jasmine had created the most beautiful dress for the wedding with that touch of Arabian magic that Heather loved.

Finally, she stood before the mirror on her wedding day, the lace and satin creation with a full-length train.  The finest netting with embroidered edging veil was attached to his mother's tiara of scrolling and diamonds, one she chose out of many that had been on offer.

She will have her own collection given to her after the wedding. A whole jewellery collection that belonged to Ziyad would be given to her as a dowry, which will be brought up to their wing, locked away for her use.

The army of staff had seen to all her needs, as well as her family, with pampering, massages, and full makeover, turning away from the reflection, shifting the trail behind her as she headed out where her family was waiting, silence fell as she entered, mouths dropped, mouth covered, her mother rushing over, clasping her hands and held out.

"There are no words," eyes shimmering.

"I know. Isn't it amazing?" she gushed.

"It is stunning, but I was talking about you. My beautiful girl."

"Mum," she fought back her tears, hugging her, then her father who was gulping, struggling to keep his composure, full of pride, offering his arm that she took while Karla handed over her bouquet of red roses with sprigs of white wrapped in white lace and red ribbon. Dale watched on as they headed out waiting for his mother, offering his arm, all dressed for the event of the decade.

"Who would have thought my baby sister would marry a prince?"

"She always had been special, and so is he."

"Yes, perfect for each other."

They all headed towards the other side of the palace, staff watching the parade of the bride and her family, where her prince was waiting with his family and a few hundred guests already seated.