28: When I'm Ready

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty boring, I caught up with all my mission work with Rosalie's and Alice's helps. Things with Bella were basically the same, but we did have small conversations at school until Rosalie would find me and pull me away from her. Today was finally Friday, which means it's the last day of the week and Paul was taking me out.

I'm currently blankly staring at my closet not knowing what to wear, he's picking me up straight after school so I won't have time to come home and change. I decided on what to wear and left for the bathroom, took a quick a shower then went back to my room to change.

I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs then to the kitchen

I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs then to the kitchen. I woke up extra early today so I could shower and have breakfast, I can't keep buying breakfast at the diner.

"Morning Bella"

"Morning, why are you dressed so nice?" She asks, while making toast.

"I have a date, right after school" I beam.

"And did you ask dad?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Yes I did, and I'll be home at eight thirty" I smile.

"Well I hope you have fun" She hands me toast with butter.

"Thank you, how have you been?" I ask.

"Um good, I wish you'd sit with in lunch" She drops her head.

"Yeah, I'll sit with you today" I walk around the table and sit next to her then give her a huge hug.

"What's going on lately, we never talk anymore"

"I'm sorry, I'm just going through" I pause to think of a word. "Things"

"So then why are you with the Cullens? What do they have to do with you?"

"They understand" I sigh.

"And what? I don't"

"Can you just trust, I'll tell you when I'm ready?"

"But you'll tell me?" She asks.

"Yes, when I'm ready" I hug her again.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

After my talk with Bells in the kitchen, I got picked up by Rosalie and left for school. School flew by quickly and in no time we were already in lunch, I was walking side by side with Bella.

"Are you sure?" Bella asks before we walk in.

"Yeah" I smile and walk in with her to where Jessica, Angela, Mike, and Eric where seating at.

As we approach the table, I see the Cullens staring at me, Edward looked annoyed and was throwing his food back onto his plate. I look away and set my bag down on a chair.

"Are you back from Cullen town?" Mike asks.

"Stop being an idiot" I laugh and playfully push him.

"Hey" Eric calls for mine and Bella's attention. "La Push baby, you in?"

"Hell yeah" I answer and fist bump him.

"Should I know what that means?" Bella asks.

"Bells you can't be serious" I frown.

"La Push beach down at the Quileute Rez" Mike spoke. "We're all going down tomorrow"

"Yeah, there's a big swell coming in" Jessica adds.

"And I just don't surf the internet" Eric stands on his chair, Mike following close behind.

"Eric you stood up once, and it was a foam board" Jessica speaks.

"But there's also whale watching too, come with us" Angela glances between me and Bella.

"Oh I'm definitely in" I smile.

"La Push baby..... it's La Push" Eric says yet again.

"Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that okay?" We all laugh.

Bella and I walk away to get ourselves food. I was grabbing everything that spiked my interest while Bella was making her plate look nice.

"Edible art?" I heard Edward speak and I raised my head to find Bella dropping an apple which Edward catches. "Rosalie grabbed your bag, you can head back to our table" He looked at me.

Are you serious?!

"I'll be right over" He gives me a stern look.

"Ugh, fine" I walk away quickly. I slam my food on the table and drop to the chair.

"It's for her safety and yours" Alice spoke.

"Whatever" I played with my food annoyed and sad.

You jerk! You're so annoying! This is no fair! Asshat! I knew Edward was close enough to go read my mind, and I had an endless stream of insults and curse words.