#1

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hayoon's POV
In a daze, I just stared out the window. The bus continued driving along the empty sidewalks. Rain poured from the sky, leaving the pitter patter of the rain drops on the window as the only sound in the background. But my mind was filled with noise.

After that encounter with Heeseung and Ni-ki, and them telling me whatever happened, I was still in disbelief.

Why didn't Jungwon ever tell me? And why is my brother so angry at him even when he doesn't know the whole truth?

I sighed and closed my eyes as tears threatened to fall. I have absolutely no idea what to think about this. 2 years. I've been waiting 2 years for any trace of him and the next thing I find out, he's in a coma.

What do I do now? I rather he be awake and just ignoring me, than him lying on that bed in a vegetative state.

As the bus approached my stop, I contemplated going home. I just wanted to run away. Why am I still here? I'm just going to suffer even more. If there was a painless way to die, how nice would that be?

But in the end, I still got up from my seat and walked home from the bus stop, feeling like the whole universe is toying with my life.

And I still had to read that letter Heeseung gave to me, which was the letter Jungwon left for me.

As I entered my house, Jake was there sitting on the couch with his friends, Sunghoon, obviously, Jay and Sunoo. They were happily chatting and eating pizza, as they watched a random drama on the TV.

"Oh Lia. You're back. Want pizza?" Feeling no motivation to even talk, and feeling too angry at my brother's impulsiveness to cut Heeseung off without knowing the truth, I just shook my head and left to my room, leaving my brother perplexed.

I left the lights off. I didn't really care anymore. I just wanted to lie down and sleep forever.

I threw my bag on my chair and just plopped onto my bed, not knowing what I should do next. Should I read the letter? Or maybe later. Tomorrow. Or when I finally digest the fact that Jungwon's in a coma.

Jungwon's in a coma......

He's in a coma......

"You okay?" My eyes darted to the source of the sound. Hugo stood at the doorway to my room. I merely just stared back into the blank space.

"Why didn't you turn on the lights?" He walked in and sat at the foot of my bed.

"I dunno."

"You wanna talk about anything?"

I hesitated.

"I found out what happened with Jungwon."

"Oh. That's surprising after 2 years of no contact. Jake's not going to like it though."

"Yeah."

"Neither do I, you know? I'm a little more reasonable but you're still my sister. And anyone who just ghosts my sister like that will get it from me."

"He's in a coma."

"Wait, what?"

"He's been in a coma, for the past 2 years."

"That explains...... a lot......" The silence that followed threatened to swallow me whole. Not that I was complaining. I rather it did.

"I should go shower and get some rest." I said after a while.

"Right. Right. Talk to you in the morning." And he left. I sighed before I headed to the bathroom to take a nice warm shower, before I let myself be consumed by sleep.