#11

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Third Person POV
Heeseung sighed as he entered the dark room. It had been a long day at work, and he decided to drop by Jungwon's room before heading back home. Ni-ki was already asleep and back home after his gamefest, of course, since it was almost 1am.

He didn't bother turning on the lights. The dark was nicer, calmer. And he didn't need to see a clear picture of a reminder of Jungwon's vegetative state.

"Hey? I don't know, should I still say hey to you? Anyways, work was horrible. I wish I didn't have to do this. But at least I get money. A lot of money. Whatever. Life still sucks." Heeseung rambled on to himself.

"Yah Jungwon-ah, are you gonna wake up anytime soon? You know, it's been 2 years or so, shouldn't you be awake by now?" Heeseung sighed as he was met with silence.

"There isn't even anything wrong with you. I don't know why you don't want to wake up." Heeseung muttered to himself before he sat on the chair by the bed, looking at the extinguished candle from Hayoon.

"How long will you keep her waiting? She's literally living for you right now. You don't know how much she's suffering through right? You think you're the only one with problems? Even her family is torn now. And mine is even worse. Why..... would you do this? Was this worth it? I hate you." Heeseung let a few tears fall before he wiped them away.

"I'm sorry. I should have seen the signs. I could have helped you. I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot. I'm so stupid. If I wasn't so stupid, I could have helped you. I'm sorry. If I had helped you, you wouldn't be lying here today. You'd be... talking to me right now. You'd be happy with Hayoon. This is all my fault. I'm sorry." Heeseung buried his face in his hands and continued crying.

Unbeknownst to him, a slight twitch of a finger came from the patient in front of him.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hayoon's POV
I yawned and stretched my arms a little before I continued busying myself with the countless orders that were filing in every moment. It was the morning rush hour, and everyone was getting a coffee before they headed to work. Unlucky for me though, my work involves making coffee for those people who can enjoy coffee before going to work.

"Hayoon, can you manage the cashier?" One of my coworkers asked.

"Sure." And I headed over and started taking the orders.

"Hayoon?" I looked up and was met with Sunghoon. Oh? What's he doing here?

"Sunghoon? What are you doing all the way here?"

"My sister. She saw an Instagram post about this place and wanted to come here."

"This early? It's 7 in the morning."

"Well, she has school. She's 17, remember."

"Oh right."

"Oppa I want the latte." Yeji said.

"No coffee."

"What!? Come on, I'm not a child."

"You are to me."

"I came here for the coffee."

"Since when did you drink coffee?" Sunghoon frowned.

"Since my friend let me have a sip."

"Yah!"

"Would you two quick arguing and order? Because there's people behind you who need to get to work."

"Oh right, sorry. I'll have an iced vanilla latte." He and Jake really shares a braincell.

"I want the iced hazelnut latte." Yeji said.

"No iced."

"Yah!"

"Fine. Just this once."

"Okay. Total is ₩7500."

"Okay. But, why are you working here?" Sunghoon asked as he handed me the money.

"The bigger question is why are you sending your 17-year-old sister to school?"

"Exactly." Yeji huffed.

"For safety reasons. Anyways, my question?"

"Because it's nice here."

"Okay." He shrugged, but I could tell he was not buying the reason. I just handed him the receipt with his queue number and he walked to the side while I continued working.

"I'm gonna get Jake over later." Sunghoon said as he claimed his and Yeji's drinks.

"Oh please no."

"What? We're hanging out. Besides, you should probably talk to him. You can't ignore him forever."

"Actually, I can. I couldn't care less about my family anymore. I'm done with them."

"Well, he still cares about you. At least, let him listen to your side. You know, he doesn't really know because he's always been the 'good child'."

"And you."

"My family isn't like yours. For one, my parents let us do what we want, as long as we're happy."

"Good for you. Now shoo. Yeji might be late."

"Okay. Come on." And the siblings left.

Should I tell Jake everything? I mean, Sunghoon is kinda right. He doesn't know my perspective since he has always been the goody-goody-two-shoes child who gets his parents' every favour. While I'm the one always being scolded for bad grades and being the rebellious one, even when I listened to everything they asked me to do.

I guess I'll tell him, but what about Hugo's perspective? He has also had some run-ins with our parents. And what about Jungwon's situation? Like, his family. Maybe I'll leave that out. I'll let Heeseung tell them that. At least, when he finally wants to speak to them.

Why is life so confusing? Ugh...

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

im gna be uploading slower cos im working to earn ✨money✨

just a bit so i can buy enha's albums-

anyways, bye