#22

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Third Person POV
"Wait wait wait!" The 4 other boys jumped in fright from the sudden shout from Sunoo.

"Oh my gosh don't give me a heart attack." Sunghoon let out a deep breath after he recovered from the shock, clutching his chest.

"Oh my gosh Sunoo. What?" Heeseung asked.

"I'm not ready. I don't wanna see him. Yup. Bye." And Sunoo tried running but Sunghoon dragged him back.

"Look, Sunoo, we're scared too. But sooner or later, we're gonna have to face it. We should... say hi now."

"Oh fine. I just... I don't know how to handle it..." They stood outside the door in silence, all with heavy hearts. Heeseung patted Sunoo on the back.

"What are you guys doing just standing out here? You should go in." They turned to see a female doctor with short hair and round specs.

"Ah, Professor Chae." Heeseung greeted her, bowing to show respect.

"What are you scared about?"

"It's just been a long time since we saw him..." Jake softly said, rubbing the back of his neck. Song Hwa nodded.

"Still, I'm sure he'll want you there, though he can't see you guys. Hang in there. Have a nice day." She patted Heeseung's arm before she left.

"So she's the professor?" Sunoo asked.

"Yep."

"Then what about the doctor your sister assaulted?"

"Probably has to take a few days off. The worst thing is she's the only resident in her department."

"What? That's horrible. Poor her. Can't they find more people?"

"I think there's just a shortage of new doctors. There are 13 professors in her department."

"Wow. That's unbalanced."

"Yeah. Anyways, ready?" Heeseung reached for the door handle.

"Yeah just do it." Sunoo ducked behind Sunghoon.

Heeseung slowly slid the door open and walked in. The rest of the boys peeked in from the doorway, observing the spacious room. Then their eyes landed on the hospital bed by the window.

"What are you guys doing? Come in." Heeseung said, turning back to face the four of them. They exchanged looks with one another before heading in.

"Ugh I can't look." Sunoo covered his eyes as Sunghoon gently pulled him so he wouldn't trip or walk into a wall.

"Oh gosh..." Jake said as they stood at the foot of Jungwon's bed.

"Sunoo, open your eyes." Sunghoon said.

"No."

"Just- Gosh." Sunghoon pulled Sunoo's hands away. Sunoo sighed as he finally came face to face with Jungwon. Or, a sleeping Jungwon.

"Yeah uh, so, say hi. Jungwon-ah, look who I brought."

"He's so..." Jake started.

"Pale." Jay continued.

"And skinny." Sunoo said.

"Well, that's what happens to coma patients, you know? They don't eat or exercise, so their muscles start to deteriorate too."

The four just stared silently. And then Sunghoon started crying. Sunoo looked slightly shocked but he patted Sunghoon's back gently. Sunghoon covered his face with one hand as he continued crying. (remember iland? yeah)