#15

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hayoon's POV
I fiddled nervously with the sleeves of my padded jacket as I waited for my mother to arrive. I barely ordered any food, just a pot of chrysanthemum tea and some xiaolongbao. (a/n i have no idea what the english name is, all ik is its like a dumpling but with soup inside)

"Hayoon." I looked up to see my mother in front of me.

"Hey..... mom." She smiled and took a seat. The waitress poured some tea for her to drink before leaving us to the awkwardness.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm doing pretty well on my own. And most importantly, I'm free."

"Oh uh, good to hear that....." The atmosphere remained awkward. I sipped on my tea as I waited for the dumplings to arrive. Haha, where the hell are they? Please save me from this awkwardness.

"How are Heeseung and Ni-ki?" My mom broke the silence.

"Oh uh, they're good. Living their own lives and stuff."

"What about Jungwon? Is he.....?"

"No uh..... he's still asleep."

"Ah.........."

Silence.

"Hayoon-ah, why are we like this? Why have we become like this?"

"I... I don't know. Maybe because I've been controlled my entire life and I've finally had enough?"

"Hayoon-ah-"

"Look, you wanted to meet. So, what do you want?"

"I just wanted to see my daughter."

"Well, I wanted a break from being your daughter." My mom looked hurt.

I should not have said that.

Fvck.

"Oh, well, uh, let's finish lunch and leave then."

"Wait mom, I didn't mean to say that. I just.... I'm just tired of everything. Especially dad."

"Well, you can also blame me for siding with your dad all the time."

"I guess..." Silence, while I just fiddled with my teacup.

"So, well, what do you want to do now?" My mom asked.

"Well, I don't know. I just know I want to own my life. I want to make my own choices."

"I'm proud of you." My mother smiled.

Huh?

"And I'm sorry. I should have said something. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself, and for being so brave to stand alone too. Don't worry, you'll always be my precious daughter."

"So... you're not mad I left?"

"No. I was only worried if you were going to be alright."

"Oh...."

"Don't worry about your dad. I'll handle it. And you have my support as well, so as your brothers."

"Yeah I don't think Jake is on board yet."

"Don't worry, I'll make him. Now let's prder some food. My treat."

"Thanks mom. And no I can pay. I'm working now."

"No. I'll pay for my daughter. It's been a while since we had some mother-daughter time."

"But-"