#20

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Third Person POV
"Oh, young master, you're here?" The butler was shocked when they saw Heeseung walk into the mansion.

"I'm just here for a short while. I have some business with my parents. And sister." Heeseung coldly replied and continued down the familiar yet unfamiliar hallways. It's been a long time since he last visited.

"Oh? Heeseung." His mother happily said and put down her wine glass when she saw him walk into the living room. She was in a long dress, and there was a bottle of wine and some snacks on the coffee table. Heeseung frowned.

"Drinking again? In the middle of the day?" His mother's smile faltered.

"It's just a glass."

"The last time you said that, you drank a whole bottle. Anyways, I'm not here to talk about your drinking habits. Where's dad?"

"He's in the study."

"Get Heeji and come in too. I'll be waiting." And Heeseung walked past his mother without sparing another glance at her.

Without even knocking, Heeseung just entered his father's study. He couldn't care less when the old man looked up from his book, brows knitted in disapproval.

"I told you to knock whenever you want to enter my study."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm not here to kiss your ass."

"Then why are you here?"

"Wait for Heeji and mom first." And there was silence, until the two ladies entered.

"Wow. Look who's here?" Heeji rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Anyways, I'll make it short. Your dear daughter here assaulted someone."

"What? Heeji would never do that." His mother said and held onto her daughter dearly.

"Believe it or not, but yeah. There were witnesses as well."

"Who?" His mother asked.

"Well, besides me, Sim Hayoon. You remember her? She was the one who captured Jungwon's heart. She is, actually. He never stopped loving her. That's why he'd rather die than marry her." Heeseung pointed to his sister.

"Oh and, of course there's the nurses as well as the doctor who's hurt." Heeseung added before any of them could speak up.

"A doctor? Heeji, where did you go?"

"Eomma, I was just visiting Jungwon. I told you I knew which hospital he was in."

"But we told you not to go until we talk to Jungwon's parents about it. They're on a business trip right now."

"Why? Did you want to get your own son arrested for kidnapping?" Heeseung chuckled. Both his parents turned to look at him, a bit shocked and panicked.

"Ah, so you did. Well, I'm sorry but that's not going to work. One, I have a lawyer. Two, that lawyer is a good lawyer. And three," He walked closer to them, smirking. "I have evidence that Jungwon was being abused all along."

"Jungwon signed the contract though. He can't back out of marrying me." Heeji retaliated.

"Well, I have proof that he was forced to. Anyways, even if you guys, and Jungwon's parents take this to court, no one's going to win because we're missing a key witness." Heeseung shrugged. They all looked confused. Heeseung rolled his eyes.

"Jungwon, guys, Jungwon. Jungwon can't give his statement, and seeing as he's the key victim in all of this, he's much needed for the court to even rule someone as guilty. Still, I think the fact that he tried to kill himself to avoid being in an arranged marriage is enough to say that he was forced into it, but to be safe, I'm gonna wait for my friend to wake up."