#26

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Third Person POV
"How is he doing?" Hayoon turned to see Song Hwa approaching her. She turned to look through the glass window to observe Jungwon, who was having a session of physical therapy.

"Better, but he's frustrated with himself." Hayoon replied. Song Hwa nodded.

"A part of his motor function was affected, so it will be hard for him to do certain things. But he can improve with physical therapy. Also, it's hard to see immediate success for neuro related injuries." Hayoon nodded at Song Hwa's explanation. The neurosurgeon turned to observe Jungwon again.

"He's much better than the last time I saw him. He has trouble moving his right leg right?"

"Yeah. Uh, do you think he can go back to taekwondo?" Hayoon asked.

"Well, it is possible. But it will be quite hard."

"Ah okay." And she turned back to watch Jungwon. Inside the room, Jungwon finally managed to climb up the stairs, but he sighed, frustrated with himself. He lightly hit his right leg and moved it around slightly.

After Jungwon was done, he exited the room to see Song Hwa smiling at him. He bowed to the professor and turned to Hayoon and held her hand.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"Huh? No. I just wanted to hold your hand." Song Hwa's chuckle was heard.

"You guys are so sweet. Anyways, you're getting much better. Just keep working hard. Recovering from neuro related injuries isn't easy, but I can see your effort."

"Okay. Thank you." He bowed once again. Song Hwa lightly patted his arm as a form of encouragement. "Good job. See you tomorrow." She smiled and left.

"Wanna go for lunch now?" Hayoon asked.

"Sure. The food here is nice right?"

"Very nice."

"But, do you think I can lift a metal spoon and chopsticks? My right hand still isn't very... uh..."

"It's fine, I'll help you. Also, this can be practice. The right side of your motor function was more affected, so being able to move your right hand as much as your left hand is already good."

"Mhm okay."

"Come on, sit in the wheelchair. I'll push you to the cafeteria."

"I want to try walking there."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then. I'll hold you."

"It's so weird though. I want to walk normally but my brain just isn't allowing it." Jungwon sighed as he started walking slowly, with Hayoon holding onto his arm tightly.

"Well, with more practice and more therapy, you'll be fine."

"Okay. I just hope I can walk without a limp by the time I'm discharged from the hospital."

"Well, you have two more weeks then. I'm sure you can do this."

"Thanks, Hayoon-ie."

"So, what do you think the cafeteria is selling?"

"Hm, I hope there's soup."

"Yeah. Soup sounds nice on a cold winter day."

"Yeah, it does."

"It seems like you're getting much better, Mr Yang?" The couple turned to see Ikjun walking behind them. He quickly caught up beside them.

"Oh, hello Professor Lee." Jungwon bowed.

|| 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 ; 양정원On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara