#5

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hayoon's POV
"You sure about it?" Heeseung asked as I told him everything that I said to Hugo.

"Yes. I'm done playing to their tune. It's time I choose what I want to do now."

"Well, I'm proud of you. But, you need a plan."

"Yeah. I'll find a job first."

"Before that still, where are you going to stay?"

"I have no idea. I might as well just stay here everyday." I shrugged and just turned to look at Jungwon, sighing.

"Hm..... You know, I have a studio apartment around here that I don't really use unless I'm really lazy to travel from the hospital to my house. You want to stay there?"

"I don't want to be leeching off you though."

"Well, if you feel bad, I can rent it out to you."

"Hm...."

"So? I rent it out to you. That way you have a place to stay and aren't leeching off me."

"Hm.... Fine. Deal."

"Okay then. I'll get you a pair of keys soon."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Right, I have a meeting soon. You're okay on your own here?" Heeseung said as he checked his watch

"Yes. It isn't that hard watching over a body."

"You know.... without context that would sound very....."

"Yeah yeah whatever. Don't you have to go?"

"Right. See you at night I guess."

"See you." And he grabbed his blazer and left. I just walked over to Jungwon sat next to him.

"Hey.... can you even hear me? If you can, please respond a little bit....." Silence. At least he's still breathing.

"You know..... I've always wondered what would it be like if you never had to go to America, if you never ended up like this..... Would we still be together now?" I stared at him, hoping for any sign that he was about to wake up, nothing.

"Wake up.... Why won't you wake up? I'm here now..... why....." I sighed and took a deep breath to stop the tears from flowing, before I just stood up and walked over to the window, contemplating life. Maybe I should find a job around here... it's not like talking to sleeping beauty here would help me find a job. It'll just make me lose all hope I have left, and lose my mind.

"I'm going to find a job. See you later." I said to Jungwon before grabbing my handbag and leaving.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

What should I do? I could work at a cafe, maybe a pet cafe. But I can't work with cats since Jungwon is allergic. Maybe I'll find a dog cafe to work at, preferably. Anything is fine at this point.

So I went around the district trying to find any place that was hiring, found a few but they didn't think a girl could do the job (how sexist). But finally after an hour of walking around, I got a job as a barista in a nice, quaint cafe that was tucked at a corner of the street.

The owner was a nice young lady, probably in her late 20s. The cafe had a cute pastel theme and it had sort of a retro vibe. I'm glad I got this job, instead of one with misogynistic managers and owners. So I guess I'd start work tomorrow.

Now what should I do.....

Maybe I should set a plan for now, since I'm on my own. I'd probably also should write a letter to the principal to tell him I'm dropping out of school. Yeah I guess I'd do that. But I would need my computer.... Hm.... Could Hugo sneak it out? Or should I just go to a internet cafe?

You know what, that letter can wait. Maybe I should try opening my own bank account. Or maybe I should buy some stuff which I need for the studio apartment. Or should I just go get an ice cream? Or go back to Jungwon? Life sucks.

So now, I was wandering aimlessly around the streets, until a shop caught my eye. It had what seemed like souvenirs and some toys too. Hm.... Maybe a little shopping won't hurt. So I walked in.

I took my time walking around the shop. I wanted to get a good look at everything.

And I came across some cute little toys.

Jungwon would totally like these.

He can't get real cats, so this should suffice.

So I bought two of them. I'll come back for the rest.

And I walked out of the shop, delighted with my purchase. But my mood soon turned sour as I got another call from my father. I frowned and just declined, before turning off my phone. I better get back quick.

So I quickened my pace back to Jungwon's room.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Kill me....." Ni-ki said as he laid on the sofa looking like he was dead on the inside.

"What's up with you?" I asked as I put my bag down on the table.

"He's been gaming for 12 hours straight." Heeseung replied, eyes glued to his tablet. He seemed to be doing some work.

"How the hell do you game for 12 hours straight?"

"Well, he runs a youtube channel that focuses on putting out gaming content."

"And he still works for you?"

"Yes. If not he'd be like a hermit crab. His parents told him to not stare at the computer too long. It'll hurt his eyes. He games twice a week now."

"12 hours is a bit too much though."

"I'm fine." Ni-ki said blankly. I just shook my head and took the cats to Jungwon's bedside. Then I carefully took them out of the bag and put it on the bedside table as a display. Cute.

"What's that?" Heeseung asked.

"Oh just some toys."

"Why would he need that?"

"I dunno. It's just cute. See? They're cats like him."

"Pfft." Heeseung just returned to his tablet.

"Yah Jungwon-ah, look. Aren't they cute? I wish they were bigger though, so I could hug them. Still, now you won't feel so lonely, right? I have to start working tomorrow, so I won't be here all the time. These cats will keep ypu company okay?" I smiled painfully, before sighing.

"You have to wake up, okay? You can't leave me alone here. I'll wait for you.... no matter how long it takes."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

I have an exam in 8 hours 🙃🙃🙃🙃

stupid chinese

i also have an exam in 4 days

rip my g8 theory im so gonna fail🥲🥲

welp bye :")

aw he's tired

aw he's tired