#16

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hayoon's POV
"Welcome- Oh you again?" I raised an eyebrow as Yeji skipped in with a very gloomy looking Sunghoon.

"Hello! I want an iced mocha." Yeji chirped, unlike her brother who looked dead. Seems like one is an early bird while the other likes to sleep in. How are they siblings again?

"Okay. What about your brother?"

"Just get him a latte."

"He doesn't like waking up this early, huh?"

"Yup. Just give him a bit though, he'll be fine."

"Okay. Wait a bit for your drinks."

"Okay. Thanks. Oppa? Earth to oppa? How do you sleep while standing? You're weird." She shook the sleeping Sunghoon, who woke up with a jolt.

"Huh? Oh what did you get me?"

"Latte."

"Okay." And his eyelids started drooping again, so Yeji pinched him.

"Ow! Yah!"

"Wake up, seriously."

"You're the one who dragged me here in the early morning." He grumbled.

"I have school and you don't want me to go by myself. It's not my fault you're still overprotective over your 17-year-old sister."

"17 is still young."

"So it's not my fault."

"Your drinks are ready." I cut off their bickering.

"Oh thanks! Come on oppa, let's go." Yeji took the drinks and nudged her brother.

"Wait. Hayoon, about Jake-" Oh no.

"-just talk to him please."

"No."

"Look, he just doesn't understand your point of view, so you need to explain it to him."

"I think I was clear enough."

"Well, still, try to talk to him. You guys are siblings, you can't avoid each other forever."

"I- Fine. Tell him to meet him at the park near our house at lunchtime."

"Okay. Bye- Ow Yeji! Stop pinching me!" And the sounds of their bickering faded away as they left the cafe.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

I sat on the bench in the park, as the winter wind blew against my face. Where the hell was Jake? My face is starting to freeze up. He better come quick or I'm kicking his ass to pluto.

"Hey Lia." I turned to see my brother approaching me.

"Oh you're finally here. I'm freezing."

"Yeah, whose idea was it to meet at the park?"

"I never expected it to be this cold."

"It's actually not that cold, just the wind." He took a seat next to me. An awkward silence settled.

"So...." He started.

"So...."

"Sorry for what I said. I didn't know how mom and dad were actually treating you."

"It's fine. I didn't mean to target you. It's not your fault they favour you, it's their issue. Anyways, I talked to mom too, so we're kinda good now."

"It's just dad isn't it."

"Yeah."

"Don't worry about dad. I'll talk to him."

"You mean you'll try. He's hard headed."

"Yeah. So anyways, how's my lil sis been?" He ruffled my already messy hair.

"Hey! Don't mess up my hair!" I hit his hands away.

"It was already messy anyways." He shrugged.

"Yes, so don't make it messier."

"Cut your hair. It's too long." I glared at him and just flipped my hair in his face.

"No."

"Suit yourself." He pushed my head away from his face. We sat in the comfortable silence for a while.

"Hayoon-ah."

"Yeah?"

"What do you plan on doing now?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, your life. Will you go back to studying? Or will you do something else?"

"I... don't know. It feels that my whole life just kinda stopped right now. I just know, I'm just here waiting for Jungwon to wake up."

"Well, if you need any help, I'm here. Also, you should pursue something you like, when Jungwon wakes up and gets better, so you can finally stop waiting for him."

"You know, sometimes I wish he died."

"Oi what the hell mate? He's your boyfriend!" Jake exclaimed in English.

"I hate this. I hate waiting for him. You know, having such hope that he would wake up is even more painful than grieving."

"You haven't even grieved anyone."

"Remember the stray cat by our house that died?"

"Yeah the one you were hella attached to- oh my gosh Hayoon, you're not comparing Jungwon to a cat, are you?"

"To be honest, he kinda acts like a cat. Looks like one too."

"Oh gosh.... Anyways, don't wish that. There's still hope. It's not like he's in critical condition, or has a chronic illness or a brain tumour."

"I know, but it's killing me on the inside. Everyday I'm starting to lose hope that he will wake up."

"Wow you're weak." I glared at him. He shrugged and elaborated.

"Imagine what Heeseung or Ni-ki is feeling. They've been hoping for way longer."

Oh. Right.

Guess I am a little dramatic.

"Oh..."

"So don't lose hope. If you lose hope then you're going to make yourself feel worse too, and make Jungwon feel worse when he wakes up."

"You really believe he'll wake up?"

"Yeah of course. I know he will."

And it's funny how someone's positive aura rubs off on you.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆