#3

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hayoon's POV
The room was dimly lit. Blinds covered the windows, barely letting any natural light filter in. Heeseung flipped a switch, allowing some light to illuminate the space.

"Why is it so dark? Shouldn't you open the blinds?" I walked over to a window and gently lifted the blinds.

"I usually close them when I leave. Don't want anyone spying on him."

"Why would anyone spy on him?"

"His parents send people to watch over him. But I already told the hospital staff about what his parents did to him when he was younger, showed some evidence, and they prohibited anyone else besides me and Ni-ki from entering. Well, now you're also allowed to enter."

"Oh.... What did his parents do to him?"

"Well, let's just say it's another case of domestic abuse.... far worse than I've ever heard of though...." He muttered the last part, before he walked over to the table next to Jungwon's bed and switched the diffuser on, but frowned slightly afterwards.

My eyes then rested on the one thing I was trying to avoid. Jungwon. I stared at his ever-so-still body, eyes closed, and just the steady rise and fall of his chest as he breathed.

"You can.... talk to him I guess. I'll go get more water for this diffuser." And Heeseung shuffled away.

I stared for a little while longer, before I sat down on the chair by the bedside. I sighed, before reaching for Jungwon's hand, gently holding it like how we used to hold hands.

"Jungwon-ah, it's me. It's been a long time, right?" No response. This is painful.

"I'm here now so please, wake up...... I miss you..... I really miss you......"

Just his steady breathing. Nothing else. I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"You must have been so scared, right? Your parents are awful people...... I.... I should have known..... I should have helped you..... I'm sorry....." I lifted his hand near my cheek, trying to feel any warmth that radiated off him.

"I should have come sooner.... I.... I'm sorry..... I should have reached out to you sooner.... You.... miss me, right? I'm sorry......"

"Wake up, please..... Why won't you wake up..... It's been 2 years, please...... please....." And I broke down, burying my head on the bed, close to his body.

"Please..... wake up..... I don't know what I'll do if you don't....." I whispered out.

My hand continued to clutch onto his as I cried on. His cold and pale hands that never moved an inch. Reality had set in. He was really in a coma. He's not going to wake up soon. This is the reality I have to face.

I want to run away....

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

When I awoke, it was night. My hand was still clutching on to Jungwon's hand, which had warmed up a bit due to my body heat. I had a headache. Probably from crying. I always had a headache after I cried.

"Hey you're awake. I got you a burger. Here." Heeseung grabbed a burger which was wrapped in a waxed paper, and walked over to me, handing it to me.

"Oh thanks...."

"Ni-ki's here, but he went to get coffee. He should be back soon." I nodded in response and unwrapped the burger, taking a bite out of it.

"The doctor came earlier. She said Jungwon's doing fine, just, ever the same."