Chapter 24: Gone wrong

It had been a couple weeks since I last talked to Batman, and I could tell from the way he acted at the manor that the incident had affected him.

He seemed more cautious and wary all the time. I would feel bad if I hadn't known how he acted as Batman.

I hadn't gotten too much further in my investigation but I did manage to look up Lex Luthor, Harley had helped explain him to me a bit.

I was starting to think that Bruce would never call me back when one day ,when I was in the middle of my investigating session, I got a random call on my emergency phone.

"Hello, Riptide here" I answered, I had given this number to Arthur and Diana as well so I really didn't know who this was.

"Riptide, we need your assistance." The deep and seemingly brooding voice appeared on the other end.

I froze.

"Batman? You need my assistance?"

"Yes, now how quick can you get here?" He asked his voice had a hint of worry.

"I can be over there now, but why should I? Last I checked you didn't exactly care about my bargain." I countered.

"Please, just, we can start immediately afterwards, just please help us rescue the kids"

At these words I quickly put on my outfit and Vapor traveled into the mountain behind Bruce.

"Hello Batman"

I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around hanging up his phone in the process.

"Show me to them" I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. 

He nodded and guided me to a room where everyone was asleep

"They're stuck in this sleep, it's a training simulation that'll only keep getting worse until they all die, the only way to get them out is to kill Me'gan, she's creating the illusion and if you can't kill her then I'm afraid everyone will be stuck in there"

I nodded. I couldn't risk not telling someone about Annie just in case I didn't make it out of this either.

"Okay, I'll help. If I don't make it though, try and investigate Lex Luthor, he's kidnapping special kids to try and turn himself into the most powerful man" and with that I was brought into the simulation by Martian Manhunter. Though I could feel all my knowledge of this being a simulation wiped away and the last thing I thought was, I hate people messing with my memories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in an unfamiliar area, everywhere around me was rocky and hot. I didn't like it. I could hear zapping and loud explosions, and some weird buzzing. I knew something was off but I couldn't remember what.

I ran to try and look for someone, anyone that I might recognize. I eventually found Robin, Wally, and Me'gan.

"Guys!" I ran forwards and met up with them, I immediately received hugs from each of them.

"They're dead, all of them are dead!"

I somehow knew what she meant but I wasn't saddened by it. It was a strange feeling. I mean I knew I was sad, but I wasn't crying or mourning. Something was definitely wrong.

"What's happening?" I asked quickly.

"They're attacking! We have to stop them before anyone else dies!" Wally said.