Chapter 28: Finding out

It had been a couple weeks, I had yet to go back to being a superhero. I had just been spending my time with Annabeth and trying to avoid conversions about my hero persona with Batman.

After dinner I walked with Annabeth till we got to our rooms and before we separated I looked around the halls to make sure it was empty. Once I knew it was clear I quickly gave her a peck on the lips. She smiled and grabbed my hand, and as we parted we held onto the others hands until finally having to let go. I entered my room and smiled as I finally had her back. Annie was back and now we could continue on together.

We could finally go to college now, that is if she still wanted, we had really only kept the talks to light hearted banter, not really discussing the future but more so working on the present. I went and laid down on my bed, but no matter how tired I seemed to be from today's events I couldn't fall asleep. Everything about Annabeth being back still made me so happy that my body wouldn't calm down.

So there I laid for a while, the only light in the room coming from the light from the moonlight shining through my window, a light ticking coming from the clock across the room.

I sat there for a while till I heard a light knock on my door. Confused, I got up and opened it. On the otherside was a crying Annabeth, her hair down and loosely laying on her shoulders.

My heart wrenched and immediately I wrapped her up tightly in my arms, she hugged back ,though not as tight, her small sobs breaking my heart.

I slowly guided her back to my bed, closing the door behind us. Once we reached my bed I laid her down and got on the other side of the bed. As we laid there I whispered fond memories to her, and after some time she stopped crying and her breathing evened out.

I played with her hair for a bit as I watched her sleep, her face more peaceful now. Before I knew it my eyes got heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

--------------Timeskip------------

I felt something shift next to me, waking me up from my dreamless sleep.

As my eyes fluttered open the bright light from the window seemed to be much brighter than I wanted. I looked around finally settling on looking at Annabeth, her blonde curls almost glowing in the light, I couldn't help but stare in awe at her beauty. How did I end up with someone so perfect?

I sat there for a while just admiring her till she finally woke up. Her grey eyes stunning in the light. She looked up to me and a smile grew on her face. She grabbed me around the waist and pulled me closer snuggling into me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. The only sound was the hushed footsteps outside the door.

I wished this moment could last forever with just the two of us in blissful silence, happily together in a non lethal situation.

There was a knock at the door waking me from these thoughts. I lightly placed a kiss onto Annabeth's forehead as I left the bed. The cold making the hairs on my arms stick up and leaving goosebumps on my skin. I made it to the door, opening it quietly.

Outside was Bruce, his scowl clear on his face.

"Percy, we need to talk." He sounded stricter than usual.

I nodded. "Let me change and I'll meet you in your office."

He nodded as well before a sound came from further in my room. Annabeth had shifted in the sheets causing Bruce to look inside and see her. Before he could say anything I shut the door in his face. I could practically hear him pinching the bridge of his nose as he walked away.

I smiled and let out a small chuckle. "They have breakfast downstairs, I gotta talk to Bruce, you think you'll live without me?" I had a smirk on my face.

She rolls her eyes and smiles. " I'll be just fine seaweed brain, I got Jason down there just in case."

I smile and go into my closet getting some leggings and a hoodie and throwing them on before leaving. As I was leaving I saw Annabeth go to her room, presumably to get changed as well.

I walked down the halls, the light seeming brighter than usual. I finally make it to Bruce's office and sit down. He sat in front of me, once again in a suit. I must admire his dedication.

"So Percy, are you planning on continuing your vigilante life?"

This was completely out of the blue. "I... I'm not sure, I've finished everything I wanted out of Riptide per say."

"Well, if you do want to continue I'd rather you do it with us rather than against us." His hands came together making one large fist.

"Well I was never against you for one, that was all you, but sure. I'll alert you if I go out and such, I don't plan on dropping Riptide but I definitely won't go out as frequently." That was when I heard it. The creak from the floorboards outside.

"But Bruce, why do you want me to continue with you? I was doing great alone." I stood up motioning for him to continue.

He took the hint " Well Percy, I believe that you could help us and we would be better and safer all together." As he said this I made my way to the door. I could see the person's shadow from underneath the door.

I quickly opened the door surprising the person on the other side as I grabbed the person by the collar and dragged them inside, closing the door behind us. I held the person up. That was when I finally got a clear view of who it was.

I was holding Tim by his collar up off the floor, his hands were up and he looked slightly afraid.

"Oh, hey Timmy" I dropped him.

"Tim, what were you doing listening in?" Bruce sounded slightly angry.

"Well I was passing by and I happened to hear you two and well..." I chuckled nervously.

"How much did you hear?" I asked, as much as I didn't want him to know my identity I kinda hoped he would have heard that part, that way I could introduce Annie to everyone as my girlfriend without making her seem bad.

"Hi Riptide!" He waved nervously at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1094 words