Chapter 19

Sarah's POV

"What do you want?" I demand, my anger covering up my fear. I clench my fists.

"It's quite simple really. I just need you, Kid Danger, and whoever your new friend is, out of the way. I've already got your superiors taken care of." He motions to Ray and my parents.

"And you need us out of the way because...?" I ask.

"Have you noticed the interesting weather that has been moving in?" I frown at him, recalling the fog and other weird weather that had suddenly sprung up.

"This lovely machine," he pauses and turns to an object beside him on the platform, that somewhat resembles a telescope. "Is responsible for all that." he continues.

"That's your plan? Make it rain?" Henry questions him.

"Oh, on the contrary, my dear Kid Danger, I plan to flood Swellview, until there's no more people here to annoy me!"

"Dude. That's kinda lame." I say. Lord X glares at me.

"That's where I come in!" The Toddler squeals, jumping out of the darkness, onto the platform.

"What makes you so special?" Charlotte asks, looking skeptical.

"I made the machine that will get rid of all the water!" The Toddler replies, his look of hurt, turning to one of pride.

"And then I will be in control of one of the most expensive real estate spots in the world! Because, who doesn't want to live in Swellview?" Lord X cackles menacingly.

"We're not about to let you get away with that!" Henry yells.
"Yeah! No matter how stupid it is!" I add.

The two villains just glare at us.
"I'd like to see you try." Lord X practically growls.

Minions start to emerge from the inky darkness around us. And they look ready to fight.

"You will soon no longer be a threat! Not that you ever were one to start with." Lord X grins at us evilly.

I feel chills run down my spine as I take my stance, ready to fights.

"Quick, uh, Hero Gal, untie Captain Man and the Terrific Two!" I say to Charlotte, stumbling over what to call her.

She nods and dashes off to their aid.

Henry and I stand back-to-back, seizing up our opponents.
"Ready?" Henry whispers as they creep closer.
"Yep. Let's do this." I answer.

I feel him suddenly intertwine his fingers with mine as he holds my hand. But just for a brief second, as we're drawn into battle.

I throw a punch at the first guy that comes near me. I think I must have hit him pretty hard, because he stumbles slightly, before collapsing to the ground.

I turn, ready to face the next guy, but Charlotte has successfully freed the superheroes, and they've joined the fight, knocking down minions one after the other.

The playing field is looking a lot more even now.

I run over to where Henry is taking on two bad guys and start fighting one of them. Henry and I actually make a pretty good team.

Charlotte and my mom are working together. Even with no training, Charlotte is finding success in kicking the guys in the shins, crippling them so my mom can easily take them out.

And Ray and my dad have teamed up, making a lot more progress than any of us others have. You could just blink and ten guys would already be knocked over. I can't believe how fast they're making progress.

Soon the room is almost empty.

"Did we win?" Henry whispers to me. I ignore him since I don't want to jinx anything.

But just when I think we've won, I'm shocked back to reality.