Chapter 34

Sarah's POV

If you thought myself, or any one of my unlicensed friends were bad drivers, boy would you be in for a surprise! Driving with my completely legally licensed grandparents, was by far the worst experience ever. I now know that driving with Henry in the flying car was a treat!

Sorry Grandma, but your driving stinks! I wondered if Grandpa actually thought her driving was good, or believed the same as I do, and was choosing to keep quiet. The only reason this popped into my head, was thanks to the fact he had happily given me the front passenger seat instead of the back. No adults give up the front seat like that, ever. Think about it.

I knew my grandfather could drive, he always had when I'd gone out with them before. Maybe this grandma driving thing was a new deal.

I grip the handle on the inside of the door. My knuckles are turning slightly white.
"You okay there Sarah?" My grandma glances at me out of the corner of her eye. "Don't worry sweetie, we'll get your parents back. No need to be worried." She adds. If only she knew, that was not the reason why I was worried.

I glance in the rear view mirror at my friends. My grandpa appears to be showing them some kind of magic trick with cards. I roll my eyes, and focus back on the road. I need to make sure my grandma doesn't mistakenly hit something she doesn't see.

I'd never really been in my grandparents car that I could remember. We'd always just taken my parents car when we went out as a family. Now I knew why. The car was pretty much entirely covered in video monitors. Gadgets, controls, you name it. My parents were smart enough to have another car for their superhero stuff. Ray had the man van. My grandparents apparently lived and breathed superhero.

There was a huge monitor in the centre console of the car. On it were coloured flashing lights. There were 4 in one place and 1 in another. The 4 were red, and the one was blue. I had figured out we were the one far away and the others were our parents, and Ray, of course. I wondered why there was only one blip instead of two since I thought both of my grandparents had been superheroes.

"Grandma, why is there only one tracker for us? Shouldn't there be two? One for you, and one for grandpa since you're both superheroes?" She glances quickly at my grandfather. They share a brief look before she turns back to the road. My grandfather clears his throat.
"Um, that would be you, Sarah dear." He explains quietly.

"You're tracking me?" I exclaim in disbelief. "Why! How!"
"Well you know, the whole, no powers thing." Her grandmother offered. "And that fun bracelet your parents make you wear? Yeah. The dot is blue because it's not a superhero registered tracker."
"That's whack." I mutter to myself. I know they can hear me, they just choose to ignore it. I'm annoyed that both my parents and my grandparents didn't trust me to take care of myself.

The map is taking us to some place outside of Swellview. I don't recognize it from the location, so I really have no idea where we're going. We're almost there though, so I'll be able to see everything in a few minutes.

My grandma's driving has calmed down a bit, so I close my eyes, mentally preparing myself for what's to come. I doubt it'll be easy. I didn't have to use my powers the last time we faced the villains, so I realize I'm basically the secret weapon here. Although, they know nothing about my grandparents either.

I feel the car slow down, and swing to  the right, going over a bump. I'm guessing we've gotten wherever we're going, so I open my eyes. The Swellview County Dam looms in front of us. My eyes widen in surprise. I'm starting to think I understand the villains plan.