Chapter 3

Henry's POV

I step inside the door and move so everyone else can come in behind me. Once Sarah, who's the last one, is inside, I close the door.

"Nice place," Sarah says to me, smiling.
"Thanks. Just be glad my sister's not here. Otherwise you'd never want to come back." I smirk at Sarah.

"Henry! I'm not okay!" Comes Piper's whiny and loud voice from upstairs.
"Apparently I spoke too soon," I sigh.

I look over at my friends. Charlotte and Jasper roll their eyes, but Sarah looks like a panic-stricken zebra.
"It's just my dumb little sister Piper," I explain to her.

Piper comes running down the stairs.
"I heard that!" she yells, before coming to a stop, standing in front of me.
"What do you want Piper?" I ask, exasperated. She starts ranting about some picture her friend posted. Eventually, I stop listening. My friends are already sitting on the couch, waiting for me, and they appear to be pretty bored. I think Piper is going a little overboard with the ranting.

Finally, she's done.
"Oh my gosh, you should go post about it!" I say to her sarcastically. I clearly don't really care what she does, but she seems to think I'm being genuine.
"Thank you!" she exclaims triumphantly, with her usual attitude. She leaves and runs back upstairs.

"Sorry about that guys," I say, mostly to Sarah though, since Jasper and Charlotte already know all about Piper. I start staring at Sarah; I can't help it. She looks so familiar, and I don't know why.

"Hey Henry, you going to stop staring so we can get our work done?" Sarah asks me, her one eyebrow raised. I know she's teasing me, because there's smile playing at the corner of her lips. I feel myself start to blush.

"Yeah, let's do this," I say, walking over to the couch, and sitting down next to Sarah and Charlotte. Charlotte already has her books out. Big surprise there.

"Ok, so first we need to come up with a topic." Sarah says, looking at us.
"We already have one!" Jasper says, a huge smile on his face.
"Oh whoops. Sorry. I forgot you guys are already ahead of me!" Sarah says giggling.

Now I think I know where she looks familiar from now. She looks a lot like the girl Ray and I call 'Sparkly'. But what stumps me is that Sarah's seems so sassy and as far from 'Sparkly' as you can get.

'Sparkly' can't even look me in the eyes without getting hopelessly shy and dumbfounded. I realize I don't even know what color 'Sparkly's' eyes are, because she's always looking down at the ground every time I see her.

Sarah's eyes are a Hazel colour.
I catch myself staring at her face, but not before Charlotte notices. She shoots me a meaningful glance and I start to blush again. I barely know this girl, and I've already been caught staring at her three times today.

I'm about to say something to Sarah; anything to try and draw the attention towards a different topic, when my watch starts beeping.

Sometimes, Ray has the worst timing.
"I'll be right back!" I yell to my friends, running for my room.

I make it, and answer the call. My door doesn't close all the way, but I'm too distracted by my watch to really care all that much.

"What do you want Ray? It's not really a good time right now!" He's in his Captain Man outfit, meaning there's probably an emergency. I'm kind of upset by that thought as I don't really want to leave my friends

"When is it ever a good time Henry?" Ray asks me, looking frustrated. Only, I don't think he's frustrated with me. I wonder what's going on.

"Listen Henry, just come ok? It's kind of a big deal. And hurry up, I still need to beep Sparkly." He cracks up after the 'sparkly'. Probably because he's thinking of the reason he gave her that nickname, the story he refuses to tell me.

I scowl at his hologram.
"I don't think I can come Ray!" I exclaim, and we start to argue.