Chapter 38

Sarah's POV

I've decided when this is over, I'm going to stop putting myself in stupid superhero situations and take up knitting as a hobby instead.

Whatever Lord X and The Toddler had built, looked downright scary. It towered over Henry and I, and as we stared at it, we both came to the realization that neither of us had any idea how to fight whatever the heck it was!

I was still keeping what my parents had told me to myself. I knew I was the secret weapon here, so secret that only my parents and I knew. However, it was also so secret that I wasn't even sure how it factored in. The advantage was that Lord X didn't know my parentage, or even that I had powers, and I was going to have to make sure that I used it as an advantage.

"Sarah, we need to figure something out fast!" Henry yells at me over the background noise. While the rest of the superheroes around us were fighting the villains' league of robot minions, we had managed to get close enough to their machine to be able to examine.

"I don't see any weaknesses, what about you?" I ask, having to yell over the noise around us. I think Henry's forgotten that I can hear him over the noise. Focusing on his familiar voice is easy, and I can tune out the sounds of crashes and explosions taking place all around us to just hear him.

"Yeah, I've got nothing. Hey, do you see The Toddler anywhere?" Henry asks suddenly, looking around. I look around as well.
"Nope I don't see him either," I say.

Suddenly I see a smaller robot similar to Lord X's come charging at us. "Look out!" I yell. Since both Henry and I have super fast reflexes, we make it out of the way, but just barely.

"What the heck was that?" Henry yells, looking at me with a wild expression.
"I'm guessing we just found the The Toddler," I say, rolling my eyes.

"You guessed right!" An all too familiar voice calls out in a sing song tone. Henry and I turn to see The Toddler's head appear over the controls of the robot that had tried to use us as bowling pins.

"Hey Sarah, any chance you can take that thing out?" Henry asks me hopefully. I consider using my new powers since apparently all the superheroes here know I have powers, but at the same time, I wonder if I'll give up any advantage I have over the villains.

"I dunno Hen, these are some big robots," I say, doubtfully.

I'm lucky that I've inherited my parents' respective powers (minus the flying of course), and picked up a few of my own, but I'm still not quite confident in using them all. My parents are convinced I can fly, but I'm pretty sure they're losing it on that one.

"Come on, please Sar?" Henry looks at me pleadingly. I sigh.
"Alright, I'll give it a shot," I mutter.

I turn to look at The Toddler, sizing him and his robot up. I know I could probably use my speed to create a funnel of wind around him, but I'm not so sure it would my best option.

I instead decide to use one of my inherited powers. I stick my hand out with my palm facing the robot and fingers spread apart like my mom had taught me. I feel the tingle as the energy begins to form at my finger tips, and then watch as the ball of energy forms. I quickly push my hand forward and the ball flies towards the robot, hitting it with a satisfying boom.

"Yes Sarah!" Henry cheers, looking at me with a big grin on his face. I give him a tentative smile. I'm still not convinced I did much damage.