Chapter 20

Henry's POV

I wrench my hand out of Sarah's to block a bad guy's punch. I hit him back harder than he hit me, probably from the annoyance of having to let go of Sarah's hand.

As the fight gets more and more intense, I'm drawn farther and farther away from Sarah. I realize just how much I love being around her, and that spurs me to fight harder than before.

I'm now taking on two guys at a time, and I'm doing alright, but I'm struggling more by the minute to keep up.

Just then, Sarah jumps in to my rescue, taking on one of the guys I had been fighting. She's incredibly strong, and I can't help but admire just how good her fighting technique is. I could learn a thing or two from her.

I send the guy I'm fighting flying. Feeling pretty proud of myself, I turn to see how Sarah's doing, but she has long ago finished with her guy.

"Nice fighting." I compliment her, smiling.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself." She grins. I can see she's blushing slightly.

Which is odd, since after her reaction when I almost kissed her, I could have sworn she was into some guy named Alex.

"I wish I could fight like you." I say, grinning shyly.

"Dude, you're way better than I am." she exclaims, punching me lightly on the arm. "Do you think I would have agreed to this job if I thought you were doing terribly at it? I figured if you were at least half as good of a friend as you are at fighting, I'd still gain a pretty amazing friend." She adds, speaking softer.

It's my turn to blush.
"Thanks," I grin. "Sparkly."

She smiles back.

I tear my gaze away from her to inspect the rest of the fight.

Charlotte and Sarah's mom are doing alright. With Charlotte helping the best she can.

"Hey!" Charlotte yells to get a guy's attention. As soon as he turns towards her, she kicks him in the shins, HARD.

"Not cool!" The guy yells, just before Sarah's mom knocks his lights out.

I can sorta see where Sarah gets her fighting style from.

I look over at Ray, and see him kicking butt with Sarah's dad. They're almost unstoppable. I don't think Lord X was expecting us to bring Charlotte, letting us free the superheroes.

He probably figured Sarah and I would be too preoccupied fighting the minion dudes to free Ray, and Sarah's parents successfully.

I see that most of the bad guys strewn all over the ground. Figuring the fight's over, I lean over to Sarah and whisper;
"Did we win?" I ask.

I'm not sure if she hears me, since she doesn't answer. She's staring off at something else in the distance.

Suddenly, Lord X reappears out of nowhere.

"It's far from over!"