Chapter 22

Sarah's POV

"Now, please explain how you came to discover your parents were the Terrific Two." Ray says.

We're back in the Man Cave, dressed in our normal clothes.

I start to fill Ray in on what happened. With Henry and Charlotte adding information where they think it's needed.

When we're done, Ray is staring at us in shock.
"Wow. That's unreal." he says. "All this time, I had no idea."

"You never met them outside of work?" I ask.

"Well sure, but not you. I knew nothing about you, other than you were a girl. They wanted to make sure you were kept safe, and away from all the stuff they dealt with. Including me, I guess." He shrugs.

"But why did they bother having me in the first place? I turned out to be a disappointment anyways." I say.

"Probably cause they wanted you. If you think they're so overprotective of you because they hate you or they didn't want you, you're crazy." Ray says.

"I agree with Ray." Henry looks at me, nodding his head. "There's nothing that says they didn't want you."

"I think they intended to bring you into it, once you were old enough." Ray adds. "But I also think, they then felt you would get hurt after you didn't inherit their powers. They only did what they did because they loved you." Ray says.

What he's saying make sense, and I feel slightly less upset.

"But why didn't I inherit their powers? How did they even get their powers? There's so much I don't know." I say sadly.

"Why you didn't inherit their powers, I have no idea. As to how they got their powers, I might be able to shed a little light on that." Ray admits.

"Really?" Henry exclaims in surprise.
"You can?" I question, equally surprised.

"Well, as far as I know, they were born with them. I'm not exactly sure how they met each other, but a long time ago, there used to be a few people with powers in Swellview. I think maybe their parents introduced them. And they got their powers from their parents, so they probably figured you'd get yours from them." Ray finishes.

I stare at him in shock.
"That's a lot to take in." I say. I sit down on the couch.
"I think you can handle it." Ray smiles supportively. "Question is, are you going to tell them what you know, and what you do?" Ray asks.

I quickly look up at him, panicked. He must have read my face, because he says; "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell them!" He assures me.
"Ok good! You scared me for a second there!" I say, clutching my hand to my heart.
"It's your secret to tell, but if you do tell them, you won't lose your job. They already know who I am, just not where the Man Cave is." he says.
"I guess that's why they never said anything about me working at Junk 'N Stuff." I say ruefully. Ray nods his head.

"Oh shoot!" I suddenly exclaim in realization.
"What?" Henry questions, looking concerned.
"We may have sent the car with the weapons back, but there's still a blaster mark in the door!" I say, panicking. "And I'm sure they can see when someone has been in there! If we're not there now, and they see everything, I'm as good as dead." I put my head in my hands.

"I'll drive you guys there now." Ray says quickly.
"For real?" I ask, my heart soaring.
"Yeah, come on, let's go." he says, picking up a key ring.

We start walking towards the door, but my phone rings. I glance at it.
"Great, it's them." I mutter.

I answer the phone.
"Hello?"
"Sarah? Is that you? Are you okay?" My mom sounds worried.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why? What's going on?" I play dumb.
"I'm pretty sure you know exactly what's going on!" My mom's tone changes to a sterner, more serious tone. "I'm not sure how much sense it makes to you, but there's no playing dumb! Now where are you?" She demands, getting angrier by the second.

"I'm at work, just about to leave."
"Come home immediately, and you'd better bring your friends that were over earlier. I have a feeling they know something too."
"Alright, I'll be home soon, bye." I hang up, defeated.

My friends are looking at me expectantly.
"They know something's up." I inform them quietly, dejected.
"Oh." Henry says. He looks unsure of what to say.

"Let's go guys, they want to see you too." I motion to the exit.

"I'll wait in the driveway after I let you guys out. If you need someone to back you up, or bail you out, I'll do it, no problem." Ray says determinedly.

"Thank you." I say, smiling appreciatively.

"Anytime kiddo." he says, squeezing my shoulder. "But we should seriously go." he adds.

We turn and leave, bracing ourselves to face the mighty Terrific Two. AKA... My parents.

[A/N: I've decided that I'm going to update once a week, every week (if I can). So be prepared for an update every Wednesday. The time might change every week depending on what I'm doing that particular Wednesday, but I'll try my best.
Thanks,
- Lg_8989]